Born Cynthia Ann Crawford on February 20, 1966, in DeKalb, Illinois. Beginning in the 1980s and continuing through the 1990s, Cindy Crawford was America’s most celebrated fashion model and one of the most famous in the world, embodying the rise of the “super model” as a late-twentieth-century cultural phenomenon.She enrolled in Chicago’s Northwestern University to take a degree in chemical engineering, but her academic career proved short-lived when, during her freshman year, she left college to pursue a modeling career. Her entrance into the tough, competitive world of high fashion was eased by her winning the “Look of the Year” contest held by the Elite Modeling Agency in 1982. The Cindy Crawford phenomenon continued with her involvement in fitness videos, TV specials, commercial endorsements, and film (Fair Game, 1995, was dismissed both by audiences and critics, but did little to diminish her popularity.) Crawford herself signed a multi-million dollar deal to promote Pepsi, as well as her more conventional role with Revlon. Her status was so high that ABC invited her to host a special on teen sex issues with the provocative title of Sex with Cindy Crawford. The opening of the Fashion Café theme restaurant in the mid-1990s marked the height of the super model sensation sparked by Crawford.
Height: 5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
Weight: 64 kg or 141 pounds
Shoe size: 9
Dress size: 6
Bra size: 34B
Measurements: 36-26-35 in or 87-66-89 cm
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Name: Cynthia Ann Crawford
Nickname: Cindy, Baby Gia
Date of Birth: February 20, 1966
Place of Birth: DeKalb, Illinois, U.S.
Place of Residence: Malibu, U.S.
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Education: Northwestern University
- Robert De Niro
- Richard Gere (1987-1995)
- Christy Turlington (1991)
- John Enos III (1994)
- Jon Stewart (1994)
- John Kennedy Jr. (1995)
- Jon Bon Jovi (1995)
- Val Kilmer (1996)
- Rande Gerber (1997-Present)
Awards and Honors: –
Hobbies and Interests: Acting, modelling
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Food: Cheese, Chocolate
Favorite Music: Prince
Favorite Perfume: Cindy Crawford Perfumes
Favorite Book: The Time Traveler’s Wife
Favorite Sports: Golf
Favorite TV Show: Wife Swap
- Son, with Rande Gerber, Presley Walker Gerber born 7/2/99 (Walker is the maiden name of Cindy’s mother).
- Has been on the cover of more than 600 magazines worldwide, including “Vogue”, “W”, “People”, “Harper’s Bazaar”, “ELLE” and “Allure”.
- Spent a short time on welfare as a child.
- First modern supermodel to pose for “Playboy”.
- Owns a piece of Planet Hollywood.
- In 1995, she was estimated to be worth $6.9 million.
- Her production company, Crawdaddy Inc.. was estimated in 1998 to have a net worth of $37.7 million.
- A 1997 “Shape” magazine survey of 4,000 picked her as the second (after Demi Moore) most beautiful woman in the world.
- Ranked #5 on “Playboy”‘s list of the 100 Sexiest Stars of the Century.
- Signed a three year exclusive developement deal with ABC in 1997.
- Cindy and Richard Gere were married 12 December 1991 by Reverend Wes McPherson at the Little Church of the West in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Started modeling at age 17.
- Is a gay rights supporter. Supports Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)
- Was nicknamed “Baby Gia” when she entered the modeling industry because of her resemblance to late supermodel Gia Carangi.
- Was one of the finalists of Elite Model’s Management’s Look of the Year in 1983.
- Daughter Kaia Gerber born in Los Angeles on 9/3/01, weighing 7 lb. 10 oz.
- Chosen by People Magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World. 
- Was the inspiration for Prince’s song “Cindy C.”
- One of the five original supermodels. The others are Claudia Schiffer, Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell, and Linda Evangelista.
- She and her boyfriend, Dekalb High’s quarterback, were the prom king and queen at their senior prom. She chose to go to school close to home, but he was scouted by universities in Arizona.
- Was invited to Buckingham Palace by the late Princess Diana, when Prince William had a secret crush on her.
- Spokesperson for “Ripley” store in Chile, turning the line “Me fascina Ripley” into a classic among Chilean people.
- Was ranked #3 in Channel 5’s “World’s greatest supermodel”.
- Was among the guests at Pamela Anderson’s and Kid Rock’s wedding
- Rashida Jones Height and Weight Stats
- Jennifer Aniston Height and Weight Stats
- Courteney Cox Height and Weight Stats