Courteney was born Courteney Bass Cox in Birmingham, Alabama to a wealthy Southern family. Courteney was raised in a wealthy suburb of Birmingham, Mountain Brook, Alabama where she was known as CeCe. She attended Mountain Brook High School, where she was a cheerleader, tennis player and swimmer. Upon graduation, Cox went to study architecture and interior design at Mount Vernon College for Women.
Her early film roles include Masters of the Universe (1987) and Cocoon: The Return (1988). Cox’s early television work include a starring role in the short-lived television series Misfits of Science (1985), and later a recurring role (1987 – 1989) on the television series Family Ties as the last girlfriend of Alex P. Keaton (Michael J. Fox). She had a supporting role as Jewel, the hard-as-nails assistant to Jim Belushi’s character in the 1990 fantasy film Mr. Destiny. In 1994, Cox appeared as Meryl, Jerry’s girlfriend/pretend wife on the hit TV sitcom Seinfeld.
Check Out the Diet Pill Courteney Cox Uses To Stay In Shape, Click Here!
During her time on Friends, Cox appeared in the highly successful and high-profile Hollywood films Scream(1996), Scream 2 (1997), and Scream 3 (2000) as the ruthless reporter Gale Weathers. While filming the first of this trilogy, she met her husband David Arquette.
Since 2009, Cox has starred in Cougar Town, the latest show from Bill Lawrence (creator of Scrubs), as Jules Cobb. The show has been picked up for a third season.
In early 2011, Courtney Cox portrayed an author called Gale Weathers in Scream 4 the 4th film of the Scream series. This was 11 years after he portrayal as the same character in 2000.
Height: 5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
Weight: 57 kg or 126 pounds
Shoe size: 7
Dress size: 2
Bra size: 32C
Measurements: 35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Name: Courteney Bass Cox
Nickname: CeCe, Courteney Bass
Date of Birth: June 15, 1964
Place of Birth: Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Place of Residence: Los Angeles, USA
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Education: Mount Vernon College for Women
- Twitter: courteneycox
- Facebook: ccshred
- Instagram: courteneycoxfanpage
- Ian Copeland (1984-87)
- Paul Brown (1987-89)
- Michael Keaton (1989-95)
- Kevin Costner (1995)
- Liev Schreiber (1996)
- Adam Duritz (1997)
- David Arquette (1997-2010)
- Josh Hopkins (2011)
- Brian Van Holt (2012-2013)
- Johnny McDaid (2013-2015)
Awards and Honors:
- 1995 Won, Golden Apple Female Discovery of the Year
- Screen Actors Guild Award, 1995 Won, Best Cast Ensemble
- TV Guide Award, 2000 Won, TV Guide Award
- Teen Choice Award, 2000 Won, Best on-screen chemistry for ‘Scream 3’
- Emmy Award, 2002 *Won,Best Comedy
Hobbies and Interests: Interior Design, Tennis, Swimming
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Food: Steak, Mashed Potatoes, and Chinese
Favorite Music: Foo Fighters and Ben Harper
Favorite Actor: Robert Duvall
Favorite Actress: Audrey Hepburn
Favorite Perfume: L’eau de L’artisan, Premieur Figuier
Favorite Sports: Tennis
Favorite Movie: Fargo
- Underwent laser eye surgery to correct her vision from 20/400 (1999).
- Dated singer Adam Duritz. Duritz wrote the song “Monkey” for Courteney (from the Counting Crows album “Recovering the Satellites”) (1997).
- Had a six-year relationship with actor Michael Keaton (1989-1995).
- Originally offered the role of Rachel but she preferred Monica on Friends (1994).
- Named one of People magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in the World and appeared on the cover (1995).
- She can play the piano and drums.
- Was voted “9th sexiest woman in the world” by FHM magazine readers (1997, 1998).
- Was named the “Hottest Babe” by Playboy magazine (1995).
- Voted the 18th “Sexiest Woman in the World” by Stuff magazine (2002).
- Drives a Jaguar and a silver Porsche Carrera.
Her Friends (1994) co-star Jennifer Aniston is the godmother of her daughter Coco. Jennifer is also best friends with Courteney.Ranked #41 on the Forbes Celebrity 100 list (2003).
- Has her own lipstick called “Cece” by Cargo.
- Her parents divorced when she was age 10, both remarried.
- Studied architecture at Mount Vernon College for a year.
- Was voted Best Dressed Female Television Star (1997).
- In 1984, she worked at F.B.I. (Frontier Booking International) a concert booking agency in New York run by Ian Copeland (brother of Stewart Copeland of the Police) and a relative of hers.
- Was the first person to ever say “period” on American television, in a Tampax commercial.
- Sandra Bullock Height and Weight Stats
- Sonequa Martin-Green Height and Weight Stats
- Tiffany Toth Height and Weight Stats