Rachael Leigh Cook began her career as a model at the tender age of 10, gracing Milk-Bone boxes and Target ads nationwide in the USA. She also appeared in a now-famous (in the USA) anti-drug TV spot in which, armed with a frying pan, she bashed her way through a kitchen to show the disastrous effects of heroin. When she reached L.A., Cook bypassed the wannabe stage and nailed her first audition (for the part of a budding entrepreneur in The Baby-Sitters Club(1995)). She returned to theaters three months later in the Jonathan Taylor Thomas vehicle Tom and Huck (1995), then filled her calendar with appearances in independent and made-for-TV movies. She divided her time between Minneapolis and Tinseltown, shuttling from school events to movie shoots with her mother in tow. Cook’s starlet status crystallized in 1999, when she starred opposite Freddie Prinze Jr. in the Pygmalion retelling She’s All That (1999). She signed for a handful of plum follow-up roles, including a troubled adolescent in Sylvester Stallone’s Get Carter (2000), a frontier gal in Texas Rangers (2001), and the caterwauling lead in the live-action version of Josie and the Pussycats (2001). Cook now lives primarily in Los Angeles.
Height: 5′ 2″ /157 cm
Weight: 100 lbs /45.4 kg
Shoe size: 4
Dress size: 8
Bra size: 34B
Measurements: 34-26-35 inches
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Name: Rachael Leigh Cook
Date of Birth: October 4, 1979
Place of Birth: Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.
Place of Residence: Los Angeles U.S.A
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Education: Laurel Springs School
Awards and Honors:
- 2012 BTVA Video Game Voice Acting Award Best Vocal Ensemble in a Video Game, Nominated
- 2006 Bronze Wrangler Television Feature Film, Won
- 2001 Young Hollywood Award Superstar of Tomorrow – Female, Won
- 2001 Teen Choice Award Film – Choice Actress, Nominated
- 2000 Blockbuster Entertainment Award Favorite Actress – Newcomer (Internet Only), Won
- 2000 Blimp Award Favorite Movie Couple, Won
- 2000 Grand Jury Prize Best Actress, Won
- 1999 MTV Movie Award Best Breakthrough Female Performance, Nominated
Hobbies and Interests: Art. sport
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Lasagne
Favorite Music: Cory Chisel
Favorite Actor: Eric McCormack
Favorite Perfume: Dior
Favorite Book: The Gift of Song
Favorite Sports: Tennis
Favorite Movie: Say Anything
- Was a print model for 5 years before becoming an actress.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Was a student of the Laurel Springs School, a school for young actors who can’t attend a more regular school due to time commitments.
- Owns her own production company called Ben’s Sister Productions.
- Played the younger version of Parker Posey’s character in The House of Yes (1997).
- Posey plays the villain in Josie and the Pussycats (2001).
- Her guitar teachers were Fast Freddie & Phil X.
- Owns a Sports utility vehicle.
- Had little interest in modeling by the time she was 15 and tried to focus more on school of which she became fonder.
- Has two cats at home in Minnesota named Beau and Skippy.
- Has a toothbrush collection at her parents’ home in Minneapolis.
- Did a school senior paper entitled “Politics, Shmolotics, and 10 other reasons I’ll never be President”.
- Her dream role is Kate Nolan from “A Tree Grows in Brooklyn”.
- Stephenie Meyer wrote the Twilight character of Alice Cullen with her in mind.
Married her boyfriend Daniel Gillies after less than a year of dating.
Gave birth to her 1st child at age 33, a daughter named Charlotte Easton Gillis on September 28, 2013. Child’s father is her husband, Daniel Gillies.
- Alexis Bledel Height and Weight Stats
- Coco Sumner Height and Weight Stats
- Phoebe Tonkin Height and Weight Stats