Melissa Suzanne McBride is actress and former casting director, best known for her role as Carol Peletier on the AMC series The Walking Dead. McBride has garnered critical acclaim and received multiple awards and nominations for her role on the show. She began her acting career as a guest star in minor roles on television series, and in supporting roles in made-for-television films, before becoming a casting director. She has showed her acting ability in a number of movies. She is mostly noted for her work in TV shows and movies like The Mist, The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys, American Gothic, Profiler, Walker, Texas Ranger and Dawson’s Creek. In 2008 she was featured in a short-length movie Living Proof. Besides acting, she is also a commercial casting director. She worked as a film and commercial casting director in Atlanta, Georgia from 2000 to 2010.
Name: Melissa Suzanne McBride
Date of Birth: May 23, 1965
Place of Birth: Lexington, Kentucky
Place of Residence: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Education: All Hallows’ School
Height: 5′ 6″ /1,68 cm
Weight: 53 kg / 116 lbs
Shoe size: 7
Dress size: 8
Bra size: 32B
Measurements: 41-29-37/ 86-74-94 cm
Hair Color: Light brown
Eye Color: Blue
Awards and Honors:
- 2012 Satellite Awards, Best Cast – Television Series, Won
- 2013 Eyegore Awards, Best Ensemble Cast Award, Won
- 2014 Critics’ Choice Television Award, Best Supporting Actress in a Drama, Nominated
- 2014 Saturn Award, Best Supporting Actress on Television, Won
- 2014 Gold Derby TV Award, Best Supporting Actress in a Drama, Nominated
- 2015 Saturn Award, Best Supporting Actress on Television, Won
- 2015 Fangoria Chainsaw Awards, Best TV Supporting Actress, Nominated
Hobbies and Interests: Photograph
Favorite Color: Gray
Favorite Food: Fast food
Favorite Music: Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Kings of Leon
Favorite Perfume: Pure by DKNY
Favorite TV Show: The Walking Dead
Favorite Book: April’s Fool by Blanche Marriott
- There were some rumors about her having a cancer, but the news seems to be untrue.
- She had her first television role on a 1993 episode of Matlock.
- She has a brother.
- She had a supporting role opposite Amanda Bynes in the 2008 TV movie Living Proof.
- She kissed Dawson Leery. Melissa first played Nina, a film buff that charms Dawson after his breakup with Jen, in Dawson’s Creek Season 1 Episode, “Road Trip.”
- She has two cats and a dog. Her precious pooch’s full name is Lincoln Log. She also has two sassy-lookin’ cats named Vangeline and Sierra.
- She gets along great with co-star Norman Reedus (Norman Reedus Height and Weight Stats). Melissa said in an AMC Q&A that she loves her scenes with Norman.
- She’s a Photographer.
- Melissa made her acting debut in 1991. During that year, she has appeared in several television commercials for Rooms To Go and Ford. She made her television series debut in 1993 and that was in the TV series, Matlock. She made her first feature film debut in 1995 movie, Mutant Species.
- “The Walking Dead” season 3 was supposed to be her last. In an interview McBride revealed that Carol was supposed to be killed off in third season of the AMC series.
- She has strong interest in psychology.
- She wanted to be a fashion designer.
- She is the only actress to appear in every season thus far.
- Skyler Samuels Height and Weight Stats
- Amanda Seyfried Height and Weight Stats
- Briana Evigan Height and Weight Stats