Amanda Michelle Seyfried is an American actress, model, and singer. She began her career as a model when she was 11, then at 15 began an acting career, which initially included recurring parts on the soap operas As the World Turns and All My Children.
Seyfried was born in Allentown, Pennsylvania, on December 3, 1985. Her mother, Ann (née Sander), is an occupational therapist, and her father, Jack Seyfried, is a pharmacist. She is of mostly German descent, with smaller amounts of English, Scots-Irish, and Welsh ancestry. Seyfried graduated in 2003 from Allentown’s William Allen High School. She has an older sister, Jennifer Seyfried, a musician in the Philadelphia organ-driven rock band Love City.
In 2004, Seyfried made her film debut in the teen comedy Mean Girls. Her subsequent supporting roles were in independent films, such as the drama Nine Lives and the crime drama Alpha Dog, she also had a recurring role in the UPN drama show Veronica Mars. Between 2006 and 2011, she starred on the HBO drama series Big Love and appeared in the 2008 musical feature film Mamma Mia!.
Her other appearances include leading roles in the black comedy horror film Jennifer’s Body, as a call girl in the erotic thriller Chloe, the romantic drama-war film Dear John, and the romantic drama Letters to Juliet. She also stars in the dark fantasy historical romance Red Riding Hood, the dystopian sci-fi thriller In Time, the thriller Gone, the musical drama film Les Misérables, as the title porn actress in the biographical drama Lovelace, and in the comedies A Million Ways to Die in the West and Ted 2.
Name: Amanda Michelle Seyfried
Nickname: Minge, Mandy
Date of Birth: December 03, 1985
Place of Birth: Allentown, PA
Place of Residence:New York City, NY
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Education: Fordham University
Height: 5’3½” / 161 cm
Weight: 108 lbs / 46 kg
Shoe size: 8 / 38.5 (EU)
Dress size: 4 (US)
Bra size: 32D
Measurements: 36-26-33 in / 91.5-66-84 cm
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
- Micah Alberti (2002-2006)
- Emile Hirsch (2006)
- Jesse Marchant (2006-2008)
- Dominic Cooper (2008-2010)
- Ryan Phillippe (2010-2011)
- Andrew Joblon (2011)
- Desmond Harrington (2012-2013)
- Justin Long (2013-2015)
Awards and Honors:
- 2005 – Gotham Awards Nomination
- 2009 – People’s Choice Awards Nomination
- 2013 – SAG Award Nomination
- MTV Movie Awards (several times)
- Teen Choice Awards Nomination (several times)
- Maxim’s Hot 100
Hobbies and Interests:Dancing, singing, painting
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Food: Italian
Favorite Music: Country
Favorite Perfume: Chanel No 5
Favorite Book: The Alchemist
Favorite Sports: Basketball
Favorite Movie: Mamma Mia!
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones
- She started her career as a child model, when she was 11.
- She suffers from anxiety and panic attacks.
- She was formerly a waitress.
- She like to collect jeans, no matter how expensive they are.
- Her older sister, Jennifer Seyfried is a musician in the Philadelphia organ-driven rock band – Love City.
- Has an Australian shepherd dog named Finn.
- Distant cousin of Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Had a body double for her shower scene in the mystery thriller Gone.
- If she were not into acting, she would have liked to study meteorology. She admits being fascinated by weather.
- Trained in classical opera for two years and studied under a Broadway voice coach for almost five years.