Katie Holmes was born Kate Noelle Holmes on December 18, 1978, in Toledo, Ohio. The youngest of five children, Holmes was raised in a tight-knit Roman Catholic household. Holmes knew from a young age that she wanted to be an actress. While still in high school, she traveled to New York City for a modeling competition. Holmes was 17 years old when she and her mother went to Los Angeles, California, for six weeks to audition. Her first big break came with a role in Ang Lee’s film The Ice Storm (1998).Holmes first achieved fame for her performance as Joey Potter on The WB teen drama Dawson’s Creek, which debuted in 1998. She and the rest of the series’ cast, including James Van Der Beek, Joshua Jackson and Michelle Williams, quickly became popular television stars.
Since her divorce, Holmes has worked to establish her own identity, independent of her famous former spouse. She returned to Broadway for a role in Dead Accounts in late 2012. The following year, she debuted as the face of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. Holmes was cast in several film projects around this same time, including the science-fiction drama The Giver (2014) with Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges.
In addition to acting and producing, Holmes runs her own fashion line, Holmes & Yang, which she launched with Jeanne Yang in 2009.
Height: 5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
Weight: 55 kg or 121 pounds
Shoe size: 11
Dress size: 2
Bra size: 32B
Measurements: 34-24-34 in or 87-61-87 cm
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Name: Kate Noelle Holmes
Date of Birth: December 18, 1978
Place of Birth: Toledo, Ohio, U.S.
Place of Residence:New York City, New York, U.S.
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Education: Margaret O’Brien’s Charm School
- Joshua Jackson (1998-1999)
- Chris Klein (2000-2005)
- Tom Cruise (2005-2012)
- Peter Cincotti (2013)
- Alexander Skarsgård (2014)
- Jamie Foxx (2014)
Awards and Honors:
- 2012 Won Razzie Award Worst Screen Couple
- 2006 Nominated Saturn Award Best Supporting Actress
- 1999 Nominated Saturn Award Best Performance by a Younger Actor/Actress
- 2000 Nominated MTV Movie Award Best Kiss
- 1999 Won MTV Movie Award Best Breakthrough Female Performance
Hobbies and Interests: Yoga, diet, sport
Favorite Color: Brown
Favorite Food: Cookie dough, jelly beans
Favorite Music: Jewel, Dave Matthews Band, Frank Sinatra
Favorite Actor: Tom Hanks
Favorite Actress: Meg Ryan, Jodie Foster
Favorite Perfume: Bulgari Pour Femme
Favorite Movie: My Best Friend’s Wedding
Favorite TV Show: ER , Party of Five
- Katie’s father wanted her to become a doctor.
- She is a very quick learner as she learnt how to ride a dirt bike in less than two hours. Her ex-husband, Tom Cruise made her to learn.
- In 1998, she dropped out from Columbia University in order to focus on her role as Joey Potter in the Dawson’s Creek.
- She is friends with Victoria Beckham.
- She has voiced the role of Rachel Dawes in the 2005 video game Batman Begins.
- She used to get $1,75,000 per episode for Dawson’s Creek in 1998.
- Katie runs a charity called “Dizzy Feet Foundation”.
- In April 2011, she filed a $50 million libel lawsuit against Star Magazine as they published a cover story in March 2011 about her in which the magazine hinted about her taking drugs.
- In 2005, she was placed at #38 in “50 Sexiest Stars of All Time” list by TV Guide.
- Alexandra Breckenridge Height and Weight Stats
- Alyssa Milano Height and Weight Stats
- Halle Berry Height and Weight Stats