Alyssa Jayne Milano is an American actress, producer and former singer. She is known for her roles in the ABC sitcom Who’s the Boss?, the Fox soap opera Melrose Place, The WB series Charmed and the ABC drama Mistresses. She comes from an Italian-American family; her mother Lin Milano is a fashion designer and father Thomas Milano is a film music editor. Alyssa was born in a working-class neighborhood in Brooklyn and grew up in a modest house on Staten Island. One day her babysitter, who was an aspiring dancer, dragged Alyssa along to an open audition for the first national tour of “Annie”. However, it was Alyssa and not the sitter who was chosen from 1500 other girls for the role. So at the tender age of seven, with her mother in tow, Alyssa joined the tour as July, one of the orphans. After 18 months on the road Alyssa, who had begun to garner a reputation as an energetic and charismatic young actress, left Annie to be featured in off-Broadway productions and television commercials. Then in 1983, at age 10, she landed her breakthrough role on the sitcom Who’s the Boss? as Tony Danza’s saccharine sweet daughter, “Samantha Micelli”, a kid whose native Brooklyn accent rivaled her TV dad’s. In order for Alyssa to accept the gig, the Milano family had to uproot and move 3,000 miles to Hollywood.
Name: Alyssa Jayne Milano
Nickname: Lyssa, Conan, Lyssie, Lissy-Girl
Date of Birth: December 19, 1972
Place of Birth: Brooklyn, NY
Place of Residence:Los Angeles, CA
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Education: Buckley School
Height: 5’2″ / 157 cm
Weight: 110 lbs / 50 kg
Shoe size: 6 / 36.5 (EU)
Dress size: 6 (US)
Bra size: 34C
Measurements: 37-23-33 in / 94-58.5-84 cm
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Facebook: Alyssa Milano
- Kirk Cameron (1985 – 1986)
- Corey Feldman (1986 – 1987)
- Corey Haim (1987 – 1990)
- Eric Nies (1993)
- Cinjun Tate (1998 –1999, married in 1999)
- Jason Behr (2000)
- Brian Krause (2000 – 2001)
- Jimmy Federico (2003)
- Eric Dane (2003)
- Carl Pavano (2003)
- Barry Zito (2004 – 2005)
- Brad Penny (2005)
- Dave Bugliari (2007 – Present, married since August 15, 2009)
Children: Milo Thomas Bugliari, Elizabella Dylan Bugliari
Awards and Honors:
- 2005 – Kids’ Choice Awards Nomination
- 2006 – Teen Choice Awards Nomination
- 2015 – People’s Choice Awards Nomination
- Young Artist Award (several times)
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards (several times)
- Maxim’s Hot 100
Hobbies and Interests:Listening music, shopping, playing with kids
Favorite Color: Green, Orange
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Music: The Beatles
Favorite Perfume: Chanel No 5
Favorite Book: The Giving tree by Shel Silverstein
Favorite Sports: Baseball
Favorite Movie: Titanic
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones
- In 1998, she was awarded a sum of $230,000 after winning a case against a web designer who had leaked out nude pictures of her.
- She is an active contributor with UNICEF as she is UNICEF’s Goodwill Ambassador for the United States of America.
- She is hydrophobic and claustrophobic.
- She also suffers from dyslexia.
- She has pet dogs, Ripely, Stella, Lucy, Hugo and has four cats namely Lucy, Simon, Miles, and Daisy.
- She is a liberal democrat.
- The character Ariel of The Little Mermaid was inspired by Alyssa.
- The spaceship named Milano in the Guardians of the Galaxy has been named after her.