Kate Elizabeth Winslet is an English actress and singer. She is the recipient of an Academy Award, an Emmy Award, four Golden Globe Awards, a Grammy Award and three BAFTA Awards. She is the youngest person to receive six Academy Award nominations with seven nominations in total, and is one of the few actresses to win three of the four major American entertainment awards (EGOT). In addition, she has won awards from the Screen Actors Guild, British Academy of Film and Television Arts, and the Hollywood Foreign Press Associationamong others, and an Honorary César Award in 2012.
Brought up in Berkshire, Winslet studied drama from childhood, and began her career in British television in 1991. She made her film debut in Heavenly Creatures (1994), for which she received praise. She garnered recognition for her supporting role in Sense and Sensibility (1995) before achieving global stardom with the epic romance Titanic (1997), which was the highest-grossing film of all time at that point. Winslet’s performances in Iris (2001), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), Finding Neverland (2004), Little Children (2006), Revolutionary Road (2008), and Steve Jobs (2015) continued to draw praise from film critics. In 2008, the critic David Edelstein described her as “the best English-speaking film actress of her generation”.
Winslet won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in The Reader (2008) and the Emmy Award for Best Actress in a Miniseries for playing the title role in Mildred Pierce (2011). Winslet’s greatest commercial successes since Titanic include the romantic comedy The Holiday (2006), the animated film Flushed Away (2006), and the first two films of the Divergent series.
In addition to acting, Winslet has narrated documentaries and children’s books. She was awarded the Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for Children in 2000 for narrating Listen To the Storyteller. She has also provided her vocals to soundtracks of her films, including the single “What If” from Christmas Carol: The Movie (2001). Divorced from film directors Jim Threapleton and Sam Mendes, Winslet is married to businessman Ned Rocknroll.
Height: 5’61/2” / 169 cm
Weight: 139 lbs / 63 kg
Shoe size: 10 / 41 (EU)
Dress size: 4 (US)
Bra size: 34C
Measurements: 37-26-36 in / 94-66-91.5 cm
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Name: Kate Elizabeth Winslet
Nickname: The English Rose, Corset Kate
Date of Birth: October 05, 1975
Place of Birth: Reading, Berkshire, England
Place of Residence: West Sussex, England
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Education: The Redroofs Theatre School
- Stephen Tredre (1991-1995)
- Rufus Sewell (1996-1997)
- Jim Threapleton (November, 1998-December, 2001)
- Sam Mendes (2003-2010)
- Louis Dowler (August 2010 – November 2010)
- Ned Rocknroll (September 2011-Present)
- Daughter Mia Honey Threapleto born on 12 October 2000. Father is Jim Threapleton
- Son Joe Alfie Winslet Mendes born on 22 December 2003. Father is Sam Mendes
- Son Bear Winslet born on December 7, 2013. Father is Ned Rocknroll
Awards and Honors:
- She was given the CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) for her services to drama
- She has a star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Winslet won an Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in The Reader (2008). She won two Golden Globe Awards in the same year; Best Actress (Drama) for Revolutionary Road and Best Supporting Actress for The Reader.
- She has won three BAFTA Awards: Best Actress for The Reader, and Best Supporting Actress for Sense and Sensibility (1995) and Steve Jobs (2016).
- She has earned a total of seven Academy Award nominations, eleven Golden Globe nominations, and eight BAFTA nominations.
- She has received numerous awards from other organizations, including the Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress for Iris (2001) and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role for Sense and Sensibility and The Reader.
- Premiere magazine named her portrayal of Clementine Kruczynski in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) as the 81st greatest film performance of all time.
Hobbies and Interests: Listening to music, reading books
Favorite Color: Dark Purple
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Music: Micheal Jackson and Justin Bieber
Favorite Perfume: Light Purple by Dolce
Favorite Book: Ender’s Game
Favorite Sports: Pilates, tennis
Favorite Movie: Avatar and Pirates of Carribean
Favorite TV Show: Sherlock
- Kate Winslet has 3 siblings. Anna (older sister), Beth (younger sister) are actresses. Her younger brother, Joss is the only sibling who is not in acting profession.
- Kate has also worked as an assistant director in 1998 film Hideous Kinky.
- Her daughter – Mia got her name from an Italian version of English word ‘My’.
- Winslet was bullied in her school because of her bad hair, big feet, and chubby body.
- She was born in the same hospital as her former husband Sam Mendes.
- Kate was born at 7:15 am-BST.
- Leonardo DiCaprio is Kate’s good friends. Kate’s children call him as “Uncle Leo”. He bought her an inscribed gold ring, after they did together a 2008 film “Revolutionary Road”.
- She once missed the premiere of Titanic (2007 film) as she was attending a funeral of her former boyfriend, Stephen Tredre (dated from 1991-1995).
- She has appeared nude in over 15 movies and has said she feels comfortable in her own skin.
- Hailee Steinfeld Height and Weight Stats
- Jennifer Lopez Height and Weight Stats
- Stefanie Scott Height and Weight Stats