Halle Maria Berry is an American actress and former fashion model. She won an Academy Award for Best Actress in 2002 for her performance in the romantic drama Monster’s Ball, which made her the only woman of color to win a Best Actress Oscar to date, as of 2015. Berry was one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood during the 2000s and has been involved in the production of several of the films in which she performed. She is also a Revlon spokesmodel. Before becoming an actress, Berry started modeling and entered several beauty contests, finishing as the 1st runner-up in the Miss USA Pageant and coming in 6th place in the Miss World Pageant in 1986. Her breakthrough film role was in the romantic comedy Boomerang, alongside Eddie Murphy, which led to roles in films such as the comedy The Flintstones, the political comedy-drama Bulworth and the television film Introducing Dorothy Dandridge, for which she won the Emmy Award and Golden Globe Award for Best Actress, among many other awards. In addition to her Academy Award win, Berry garnered high-profile roles in the 2000s such as Storm in the X-Men film series, the action crime thriller Swordfish (2001), and the spy film Die Another Day, where she played Bond Girl Jinx. She then appeared in the X-Men sequels, X2: X-Men United and X-Men: The Last Stand. In the 2010s, she appeared in movies such as the science fiction film Cloud Atlas, the crime thriller The Call and X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Name: Maria Halle Berry
Date of Birth: August 14, 1966
Place of Birth: Cleveland, OH
Place of Residence:Los Angeles, CA
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Education: Cuyahoga Community College
Height: 5’5½” / 166 cm
Weight: 121 lbs / 55 kg
Shoe size: 7 / 37.5 (EU)
Dress size: 6 (US)
Bra size: 34DD
Measurements: 36-26-37 in / 91.5-66-94 cm
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
- Danny Wood (1989)
- John Ronan (1989-1991)
- Christopher Williams (1992)
- David Justice (1992-1997, married on December 31, 1992)
- Shemar Moore (1997-1998)
- Eric Benét (1999-2005, married on January 24, 2001)
- Michael Ealy (2004-2005)
- Gabriel Aubry (2005-2010)
- Olivier Martinez (2010-2015, married on July 13, 2013)
Children: Nahla Ariela, Maceo-Robert
Awards and Honors:
- 2000 – Golden Globe
- 2000 – Primetime Emmy
- 2002 – Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role
- 2007 – People’s Choice Award
- Saturn Award Nomination (several times)
- Image Award (several times)
- Kids’ Choice Awards Nomination (several times)
- MTV Movie Award Nomination (several times)
- Golden Globe Nomination (several times)
- Teen Choice Awards Nomination (several times)
- Maxim’s Hot 100
Hobbies and Interests:Exercise, Sports
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Food: Grilled Tuna with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Favorite Music: Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Rap
Favorite Perfume: Her own Fragrance
Favorite Book: Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret
Favorite Sports: Basketball
Favorite Movie: Comedies
- She got her name “Halle” from Halle’s Department Store, which was situated at her birthplace.
- She has two dogs named Polly and Willy.
- She is type 2 diabetic.
- She was a cheerleader in her high school.
- Her parents separated when she was four years old, so Halle and her sister were raised by her mom.
- She has worked in Higbee’s Department store previously.
- In 2003, she was placed #1 in People’s list of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
- She is the second “Bond girl” to win an Academy Award.
- Well known for “living” her roles, she refused to bathe for two weeks in preparation for a role as a crack addict in Jungle Fever.
- She gave birth to her 1st child at age 41.
- When she “won” the Razzie Award as Worst Actress of 2004 for Catwoman, Berry became the first Oscar winner ever to attend and accept her Razzie Award in person.
- Her father is of African-American decent, while her mother has English, German, Irish and distant Dutch.