Elizabeth Banks is an American actress, producer, and director. Banks made her film debut in the low-budget independent film Surrender Dorothy, and is known for her roles in such films as Wet Hot American Summer, Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy, Seabiscuit, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Zack and Miri Make a Porno, Role Models, The Next Three Days, Pitch Perfect, The Lego Movie, and The Hunger Games films. In 2015, she portrayed Melinda Ledbetter, the girlfriend and later wife of the Beach Boys co-founder Brian Wilson, in Bill Pohlad’s film Love & Mercy and made her directorial debut with Pitch Perfect 2, whose May 15–17 $69M opening weekend gross set a record for a first-time director. On television, Banks had a recurring role as Avery Jessup on the NBC sitcom 30 Rock, which gained her two Emmy Award nominations. She also had recurring roles on Scrubs and Modern Family. In 2015, she reprised her role as Lindsay for the Netflix miniseries Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp. Banks was born in Pittsfield, Massachusetts and grew up on Brown Street, the eldest of four children of Ann (née Wallace) and Mark P. Mitchell. Her father was a factory worker for General Electric and her mother worked in a bank. She has said that she grew up “Irish + WASP + Catholic”. Growing up, Banks played baseball and rode horses. She was in Little League when she broke her leg sliding into third. She then tried out for the school play, which was her start in acting. She graduated from Pittsfield High School in 1992, and is a member of the Massachusetts Junior Classical League. She attended the University of Pennsylvania, where she was a member of the Delta Delta Delta Sorority. She graduated magna cum laude in 1996 with a major in communications and a minor in theater arts. In 1998, she completed schooling at the American Conservatory Theater and earned an MFA.
Name: Elizabeth Banks (born Elizabeth Irene Mitchell)
Date of Birth: February 10, 1974
Place of Birth: Pittsfield, MA
Place of Residence:Los Angeles, CA
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Education: American Conservatory Theater
Height: 5’5″ / 165 cm
Weight: 121 lbs / 55 kg
Shoe size: 7 / 37.5 (EU)
Dress size: 6 (US)
Bra size: 34B
Measurements: 34-26-35 in / 87-66-89 cm
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
- Max Handelman (1993 – present, married since 2003)
Children: Felix and Magnus
Awards and Honors:
- 2003 – Young Hollywood Award
- 2004 – SAG Award
- 2009 – Lucy’s Award
- 2013 – San Diego Film Award Nomination
- MTV Movie Award (several times)
- Primetime Emmy Nomination
- Maxim’s Hot 100
Hobbies and Interests:Music, shopping
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Chinese
Favorite Music: Pop, country
Favorite Perfume: Thierry Mugler Alien
Favorite Book: The Fault in Our Stars
Favorite Sports: Basketball, Baseball
Favorite Movie: Green Mile
Favorite TV Show: Modern Family
- She used to play a lot of baseball as a kid and used to rode horses.
- She is college friends with producer Todd Lieberman.
- She was a member of Delta Delta Delta Sorority at University of Pennsylvania.
- To avoid confusion with another American actress of the same name, i.e., Elizabeth Mitchell, she changed her name to Elizabeth Banks.
- Banks has a celebrity crush on German-Irish actor Michael Fassbender.
- She can’t stop herself from eating cupcakes. She has a weakness for them.
- Her one of the biggest mistake in life – acting in the independent film Surrender Dorothy. She revealed it in an interview with Slate in 2012.
- She is a great fan of David Letterma