Karen Sheila Gillan is a Scottish actress and former model. Born and raised in Inverness, Scotland, she is daughter of Marie (Paterson) and John Gillan, who is a singer and recording artist. She is known for the role of Amy Pond, companion to the eleventh doctor, in the BBC science fiction series Doctor Who (2010–13). In film, she has starred in Not Another Happy Ending (2013), the horror film Oculus (2013), and Nebula in the Marvel film Guardians of the Galaxy (2014).
Name: Karen Sheila Gillan
Nickname: Karen, Sheila, Kaz
Date of Birth: November 28, 1987
Place of Birth: Inverness, Scotland, UK
Place of Residence: Los Angeles, California
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Education: Telford College, Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts
Height: 5’10” / 178 cm
Weight: 128 lbs / 58 kg
Shoe size: 9 / 40 (EU)
Dress size: 6 (US)
Bra size: 32B
Measurements: 34-26-34 in / 87-66-87 cm
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Light brown
- Patrick Green (2006 – 2012)
- Andrew Brooke (2012)
- Matt Smith (2012)
Awards and Honors:
- Cosmopolitan “Woman of the Year” Awards for Best Actress for Doctor Who
- SFX Awards for Best Actress for Doctor Who
- TV Choice Award for Best Actress for Doctor Who
- National Television Awards for Best Drama Performance: Female for Doctor Who
- Detroit Film Critics Society for Best Ensemble for Guardians of the Galaxy
- Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer for Guardians of the Galaxy and Oculus
- IFS Film Festival Award for Best Actress in a Short Film for Bound for Greatness
- IFS Film Festival Award for Best Independent Short for Coward
Hobbies and Interests: Playing the pianno
Favorite Color: Teal
Favorite Food: Cadbury Cream Eggs
Favorite Music: Spice Girls
Favorite Perfume: DKNY Be Delicious
Favorite Book: Ulysses by James Joyce
Favorite Sports: Tennis
Favorite Movie: Oculus
Favorite TV Show: Doctor Who
- Karen learned to play the piano when she was 7.
- She and Katee Sackhoff are great friends.
- For her role as Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Karen shaved her head. But instead of throwing away her hair, it was turned into a wig and donated to Star Wars 7.
- At a young age, she showed the passion for acting and joined a few local theater groups.
- She loves to shop for vintage clothing.
- She promoted the Fashion Targets Breast Cancer in 2011.
- She left school at 16 to pursue acting, and eventually ended up at the prestigious Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts.
- The 13-minute monologue in Oculus took her two months to get down. She considers it the hardest thing she’s ever had to learn.
- Caroline Sunshine Height and Weight Stats
- Elizabeth Gillies Height and Weight Stats
- Halle Berry Height and Weight Stats