Caitriona Balfe was born in Dublin, Ireland, and grew up in the village of Tydavnet, in County Monaghan. She started modeling at the age of 19 after she was scouted by an agent while she was collecting money for charity at a local mall. She has both walked the runway and been featured in advertising campaigns for many top fashion brands, including: Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, DKNY, Burberry, Dior, Louis Vuitton, H&M, Marc Jacobs, Valentino, Cacharel, Roberto Cavalli, Givenchy, Hugo Boss, Armani, Dries van Noten, Calvin Klein and Chanel.
She has also graced the covers of magazines such as Vogue and Elle. At the time she was scouted, Balfe was studying drama at the Dublin Institute of Technology, hoping to become an actress. She returned to her initial career choice in 2009.
Height: 5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
Weight: 59 kg or 130 pounds
Shoe size: 9
Dress size: 4
Bra size: 32B
Measurements: 34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Name: Caitriona Balfe
Date of Birth: October 04, 1979
Place of Birth: Dublin, Ireland
Place of Residence: Dublin, Ireland
Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Tony McGill (2012-2014) – From 2012 to 2014, she was romantically linked with businessman (a restaurateur) Tony McGill.
- Sam Heughan (2014-Present)
Awards and Honors: –
Hobbies and Interests: Sea, photo
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Music: Alt-J
Favorite Perfume: Chance
Favorite Book: The Year of Magical Thinking (By Joan Didion)
Favorite Sports: Golf
Favorite Movie: The Devil Wears Prada
Favorite TV Show: Catastrophe
- Caitriona has appeared in the 2002 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- Post her birth in Dublin, she was raised in Tydavnet village near Monaghan.
- During second world war, her grandmother was nurse.
- Balfe speaks English, Irish Gaelic and French.
- Due to her modeling career, she got to visit many famous places like New York, Paris, London, Milan, Hamburg, Tokyo and Los Angeles.
- Balfe was in People magazine’s list of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” in 2015.
- Modeling was never a passion of her. Hence, she lost interest in it gradually and finally became frustrated.
- Balfe first started as a model. She was discovered at a local mall in Dublin where she was collecting money for a charity.
- Horse riding is one of her favorite skills she has ever learned.
- Her favorite pastime between the Outlander shooting break was eating.
- Her first name “Caitriona” is pronounced as “Katrina.”
- Sheridan Smith Height and Weight Stats
- Nadia Forde Height and Weight Stats
- Denise Richards Height and Weight Stats