Salma Hayek is a Mexican American actress born to Spanish-Lebanese parents and belongs to a wealthy Roman Catholic family from Mexico. As a child, she was inspired to become an actress after watching the movie, ‘Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory’. She felt ready to step into the world of movies after attending Mexico City’s Universidad Iberoamericana. Her first assignment as an actress was in the Mexican telenovela, ‘Teresa’. After coming to Hollywood she was cast opposite Antonio Banderas in the movie ‘Desperado’. It was followed by roles in ‘Fools Rush In’ and ‘Wild Wild West’ among others. She reprised her role from ‘Desperado’ in ‘Once Upon a Time in Mexico’ and later started her own production company called ‘Ventanarosa’. Her first production was the Mexican movie ‘El Coronel No Tiene Quien Le Escriba’, which was Mexico’s official entry at the Oscars in the ‘Best Foreign Film’ category. She was also the executive producer of ‘Ugly Betty’. She has endorsed products like Revlon and Avon and has launched her own line of cosmetics, skincare and hair care products called ‘Nuance’. She has lent her support to raise funds for vaccines against maternal and neonatal tetanus.
Height: 5 ft 2 in /157 cm
Weight: 54 kg /119 pounds
Shoe size: 6
Dress size: 10
Bra size: 36C
Measurements: 39-24-36 in/ 99-61-91.5 cm
Ethnicity: Middle Eastern
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Name: Salma Hayek Jiménez de Pinault
Date of Birth: September 02, 1966
Place of Birth: Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz, México
Place of Residence: New York, USA
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Education: Universidad Iberoamericana
- Twitter: salmahayek
- Facebook: SalmaHayek
- Instagram: salmahayek
- Antonio Banderas (1994-1995)
- Johnny Depp (1995)
- Edward Atterton (1997-1999)
- Ben Affleck (1999)
- Edward Norton (1999-2003)
- Josh Lucas (2003-2004)
- François-Henri Pinault (2007-Present)
Awards and Honors:
- 1995 Won Silver Goddess, Best Newcomer
- 2000 Won Blockbuster Entertainment Award, Favorite Supporting Actress – Action
- 2002 Won ALMA Award, Outstanding Actor/Actress in a Made for Television Movie or Miniseries
- 2003 Nominated BAFTA Film Award, Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
- 2003 Nominated Oscar, Best Actress in a Leading Role
- 2003 Won Imagen Award, Best Actress – Film
- 2003 Won Golden Camera, Best International Actress
- 2004 Won Daytime Emmy, Outstanding Directing in a Children/Youth/Family Special
- 2012 Won Bambi, Film – International
- 2012 Nominated ALMA Award, Favorite Movie Actress – Drama/Adventure
Hobbies and Interests: Kickboxing, dancing, ball work, pilates
Favorite Color: Purple, Red, Blue
Favorite Food: Mexican
Favorite Music: Sting
Favorite Perfume: Prada
Favorite Sports: Golf
Favorite Movie: The Notebook
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones
- Salma is an Arabic name that means “peace” or “calm”.
- She was sent to a boarding school in Louisiana at age 12, but was soon sent back home after getting in trouble for frequently terrorizing the nuns.
Good friend of Penélope Cruz, Ashley Judd and Valeria Golino.
She loves dogs.
Salma’s beauty rule – Never go to sleep before washing your face. No matter how tired you are.
In July 2007, she was diagnosed with diabetes while she pregnant.
She also suffered from dyslexia and was treated at an early age.
She has ideal hourglass figure and have measurements 36-24-36 inches.
She wears mostly Prada or Giorgio Armani.
Studied international relations & drama at college in Mexico City.
- Won Best Newcomer at the 1989 Novela Awards for Un nuevo amanecer (1988).
- Has her own production company, Ventanarosa.
- Alyssa Milano Height and Weight Stats
- Kirstie Alley Height and Weight Stats
- Rachael Leigh Cook Height and Weight Stats