Morena Silva de Vaz Setta Baccarin is a Brazilian and American actress. She is well known for role of Inara Serra in the “Firefly” and the film “Serenity”. Also she was Adria in the series “Stargate SG-1”, and after that was film “Stargate: The Ark of Truth”. After that, Morena played Jessica Brody in the “Showtime series Homeland”. She was nominated for an Emmy at category “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series” in 2013. One of her latest roles was Dr. Leslie Thompkins in the Fox television series “Gotham”. Morena Baccarin was born in Rio de Janeiro, but she has also Italian roots.
Name: Morena Silva de Vaz Setta Baccarin
Date of Birth: June 02, 1979
Place of Birth: Rio de Janeiro
Place of Residence:Los Angeles, CA
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Education: Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, later Juilliard School
Height: 5’7″ / 170 cm
Weight: 125 lbs / 57 kg
Shoe size: 8 / 39 (EU)
Dress size: 6 (US)
Bra size: 32B
Measurements: 34-24-37 in or 87-61-94 cm
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Light Brown
Relationships: Morena married American film producer and director Austin Chick in 2011. But currently she is in relation with Ben McKenzie. The couple met on the set of TV series Gotham, and Morena announced on September that she is in relation with Ben and is expecting a child on September 2015. However Austin and Morena aren’t separated yet.
Children: 1 Julius, now expecting 2.
Awards and Honors: 2001 – Wine Country Film Festival, category Best Actress, won
2010 – Saturn Award, Best Supporting Actress on Television, Nominated
2010 – Scream Awards, Breakout Performance – Female, Nominated
2010 – NewNowNext Awards, Brink of Fame: Actor, Nominated
2011 – Saturn Award, Best Supporting Actress on Television, Nominated
2013 – Primetime Emmy Award, Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, Nominated
2013 – Screen Actors Guild Award, Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series, Nominated
2015 – Online Film & Television Association Award, Best supporting Actress in a Drama Series, Nomimated
Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, Fitness
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Brazilian food
Favorite Music: David Bowie
Favorite Actor:Robert De Niro
Favorite Perfume: Gucci Rush 2
Favorite Book: The Great Gatsby
Favorite Sports: Baseball
Favorite Song: F**k You by Cee Lo Green
Favorite Movie: The Bridges of Madison Country(1995), The Piano(1993)
Favorite TV Show: Modern Family
- While she was studying in the New York City Lab School for Collaborative Studies, she was classmates with the actress Claire Danes. They later appeared in the TV series Homelandfrom 2011 to 2013.
- Baccarin’s first name Morena means “brunette” in Portuguese.
- In 2014, she was ranked at #57 on the list of Maxim’s “Hot 100.”
- She speaks Brazilian Portuguese.
- Morena was named after a character named “Morena” which her mother Vera Setta played in the 1976 pelicula O Vampiro de Copacabana.
- Morena was raised in New York City.
- She’s a wine lover: One of Baccarin’s favorite vacations was a trip to Seville, Spain, with Chick. “The food! Aus and I are big wine lovers, and Spanish wines are amazing. We love eating out, and the tapas and wine there are to die for.”
- Morena’s favorite costume from her Firefly wardrobe was her dress from the episode Shindig (1×06) because it was the Costume Designer’s wedding dress.
- After a minor role in the film Roger Dodger in 2002, Morena appeared in the Central Park production of The Seagull with Natalie Portman. She also was the understudy for Portman’s role.
- Her favourite drink is Spanish Wines.
- She was cast as Copycay in the action film “Deadpool”.
- She appeared in the hit sitcom “How I Met Your Mother” alongside Jason Segel.
- Was Maid of Honor at her Firefly/Serenity co-star Jewel Staite’s wedding in Maui in 2003.
- Morena Baccarin Net Worth: $4 million.
- She starred in three episodes of “The O.C.” during the show’s third season, where she met her current boyfriend, Ben McKenzie. She played Maya Griffin.
- Zoe Saldana Height and Weight Stats
- Blake Lively Height and Weight Stats
- Olivia Wilde Height and Weight Stats