Michael Rooker was born in Jasper, Alabama. His parents divorced when he was 13 years old, and he moved with his mother and siblings to Chicago, Illinois, where he studied at the Goodman School of Drama. Michael Rooker is an American actor best known for his turn as the blue-skinned alien Yondu Udonta in 2014’s top grossing film Guardians of the Galaxy, and as the character fans loved to hate on AMC’s worldwide hit television show The Walking Dead, as Merle Dixon. Rooker has thrilled fans for decades with complex portrayals of characters audiences can’t help but cheer on despite their dark personas. He made his film debut in 1986 playing the title role in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, a film based on the confessions of serial killer Henry Lee Lucas. He has since appeared in numerous films including Mississippi Burning, Sea of Love, Days of Thunder, JFK, Cliffhanger, Tombstone, Mallrats, Rosewood, The 6th Day, and Jumper. He has guest starred on several TV shows including Stargate SG-1, CSI: Miami, Las Vegas, JAG, Numb3rs, Law & Order, Chuck, Criminal Minds, Psych, Burn Notice, and Archer.
Name: Michael Rooker
Date of Birth: April 6, 1955
Place of Birth: Jasper, Alabama
Place of Residence: Los Angeles, California
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Education: Goodman School of Drama
Height: 5′ 10″ /178 cm
Weight: 190 lbs/ 86 kg
Shoe size: 10
Dress size: 10
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Relationships: Is married to Margot Rooker. Rooker also has a prolific relationship with writer/director James Gunn.
Children: Two daughters
Awards and Honors:
- 1990- Golden Space Needle Award, Won
- 1991- International Fantasy Film Award, Won
- 2012- Special Achievement Award for Best TV Ensemble, Won
- 2013- Guys Choice Spike TV, Won
- 2014- Critics Choice Award – Best Action Movie, Won
- 2014- Phoenix Film Critics Society – Best Ensemble Acting, Won
Hobbies and Interests: Shooting sports
Favorite Color: Red, blue, pink
Favorite Food: Dessert
Favorite Music: Rock
Favorite Book: Tucker’s Monster
Favorite Movie: Night of Living Dead, Slither
- He added his voice talents to Activision’s video game The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. Rooker’s voiceover work in video games has also included Mike Harper, the lead character in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, and the villain Vikke in Lollipop Chainsaw.
- Rooker made his film debut in 1986, playing the title role in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, a film based on the confessions of serial killer Henry Lee Lucas.
- Rooker has eight brothers and sisters.
- Have two dogs, a Westie and a Shitzhu.
- Had to repeat 1st grade.
- Collects beer steins just for the fun of it.
- Never read a novel that he didn’t skip to the end first.
- Rooker loves to play board games.
- Ranked #17 on Tropopkin’s Top 25 Most Intriguing People.
- Studied Japanese martial art of Aikido with Fumio Toyoda Shihan prior to establishing himself in Chicago theatre.
- The Walking Dead is not the first show on which Rooker’s played a character with a prosthetic arm. He played a one-armed, drug smuggling, boat captain with a hook for a hand in CSI: Miami episode, “Dead Zone”.
- Megan Fox Height and Weight Stats
- Mischa Barton Height and Weight Stats
- David Morrissey Height and Weight Stats