Madonna, born Louis Cicconi, on 16 August 1958, was brought up in Rochester Hills Michigan. Her mother died, from breast cancer, when she was only five; she was brought up by her grandparents. She got a job as a waitress at Dunking Donuts, and in her spare time learnt modern dance. She temporarily joined a rock band ‘ The Breakfast Club’ but tried to make a solo career and gaining the favourable impression with Sire Records, she was given a recording contract. In 1982 she released her first single ‘Everybody‘ and in 1983, she launched her first album ‘Madonna‘ It sold very well, but it was her next album ‘Like a Virgin‘ which made her into an international superstar. The album sold over 12 million copies, helped by the hit single ‘Like a Virgin‘ which stayed at number one for 6 weeks.
After forming her own company – Madonna, produced a book titled ‘Sex’. It featured nude photography and was quite controversial, especially in US; but it sold over half a million copies. She has launched several business enterprises, such as fashion lines – Material Girl (1980s) and ‘Truth or Dare by Madonna'(2011). In recent years, Madonna has continued to tour, release albums and engage in humanitarian work. In 2013, she realised a short film entitledSecretprojectrevolution – launched at the Art for Freedom initiative.
Height: 5 ft 4½ in /164 cm
Weight: 54 kg /119 pounds
Shoe size: 8
Dress size: 8
Bra size: 32C
Measurements: 35-27-33 in /89-68.5-84 cm
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Name: Madonna Louise Ciccone
Nickname: M, Nonnie, Madge, Maddy, Mo
Date of Birth: August 16, 1958
Place of Birth: Bay City, Michigan, U.S.
Place of Residence: Los Angeles, USA
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Education: University of Michigan
- Sandra Bernhard (1985-1988)
- Sean Penn (1985-1989)
- John Kennedy Jr. (1987)
- Warren Beatty (1989-1990)
- Michael Jackson (1990)
- Tony Ward (1990-1991)
- Vanilla Ice (1992)
- John Enos III (1992)
- Dennis Rodman (1994)
- Jenny Shimizu (1994)
- Carlos Leon (1994-1997)
- Chris Paciello (1998)
- Guy Ritchie (1999-2008)
- Alex Rodríguez (2008)
- Jesus Luz (2008-2010)
- Brahim Zaibat (2010-2013)
Awards and Honors:
- 2012 Won Golden Globe, Best Original Song – Motion Picture
- 2008 Won Grammy, Best Long Form Music Video
- 2006 Won Brit, International Female Solo Artist
- 2003 Nominated Golden Satellite Award, Best Original Song
- 2000 Won Stinker Award, Worst Actress
- 2000 Won Sierra Award, Best Original Song
- 2000 Won ASCAP Award, Most Performed Songs from Motion Pictures
- 2000 Won Grammy, Best Song Written for a
- 1997 Won Golden Globe, Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
- 1993 Won ASCAP Award, Most Performed Songs from Motion Pictures
- 1988 Won ASCAP Award, Most Performed Songs from Motion Pictures
Hobbies and Interests: Singing, music, yoga
Favorite Color: Black, Blue
Favorite Food: Burrito
Favorite Music: Kylie Minogue, Chris Isaak
Favorite Actor: Alain Delon
Favorite Perfume: Truth or Dare by Madonna
Favorite Book: The Time Traveller’s Wife
Favorite Sports: Box, Bascetball
Favorite Movie: Grey Gardens
Favorite TV Show: Sex and the City
- Studied with the Alvin Ailey dance troupe and Pearl Lang’s Dance Company in Manhattan.
- Unanimously condemned by the Puerto Rican House of Representatives for pulling a Puerto Rican flag between her legs in an October 26, 1993 concert.
- High school cheerleader.
- Her daughter Lourdes was named as a tribute to Madonna’s mother, who wanted to visit Lourdes, France, where the Virgin Mary, the Madonna, appeared in 1858, but died before doing so.
- Turned down the role of Cristal Conners in Showgirls
- Has a reported IQ of 140.
- Named one of People Magazine’s ’50 Most Beautiful People of 1991′, and ’25 Most Intriguing People of 2001′.
Her first film, A Certain Sacrifice (1985), was released in 1985, after she became a star, but was actually shot in two parts, the first in 1979, and the other, in 1981.
Good friends with singer Britney Spears.
A Forbes Magazine article from May 2015 estimated her net worth as $520 million.
As of 2015, her records have sold more than 300 million copies worldwide.
Her father is Italian, her mother was French-Canadian.
Is a distant cousin of Gwen Stefani. Gwen’s great-aunt’s mother-in-law shares the same last name with Madonna.
Owns a house in Miami.
Godparents of her son Rocco are Trudie Styler and Sting.
Gwyneth Paltrow was the Maid of Honor at her wedding to Guy Ritchie.
- Nicole Kidman Height and Weight Stats
- Nikki Reed Height and Weight Stats
- Sandra Bullock Height and Weight Stat