Born Eric Morlon Bishop on December 13, 1967, in Terrell, Texas, Jamie Foxx has emerged as one of the most diversely talented entertainers of his generation. Foxx started out landing a spot on the TV’s In Living Color in the early 1990s. He then proved himself as a dramatic actor, appearing in Ray in 2004, a role that earned him an Academy Award. Two years later, Foxx impressed music fans with his hit collabration with Kanye West for the song “Gold Digger.” More recently, he starred in Quentin Tarantino’s western Django Unchained (2012).
Height:5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
Weight:82 kg or 181 lbs
Name: Eric Morlon Bishop
Nickname: Jamie Foxx
Date of Birth:December 13, 1967
Place of Birth:Terrell, Texas, USA
Place of Residence:Hidden Valley, California, United States
Education: Terrell High School,U.S. International University
- Debbie Allen
- Vivica Fox (1997)
- Adriane Kelly (2000)
- Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon (2001)
- Iliana Fischer (2002-2004)
- Leila Arcieri (2004-2005) .
- Christina Milian (2005)
- Meagan Good (2006)
- Eva Marcille (2006)
- Fantasia Barrino (2006)
- Lil’ Kim (2007-2008)
- Stacy Keibler (2008)
- Claudia Jordan (2008)
- Ashley Scott (2008)
- Dollicia Bryant (2009)
- Nikki Giavasis (2009)
- Sky Nellor (2009)
- Dominique Simone (2010)
- Stacey Dash (2010)
- Cristy Rice (2013)
- Katie Holmes (2014-Present)
Awards and Honors:
- 2005 Won Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
- 2005 Won Oscar Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
- 2004 Won BAFTA Film Award Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Hobbies and Interests: Wrestling, music
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Food: Meat
Favorite Music: Marvin Gaye
Favorite Book:”Green Eggs”
Favorite Sports: Football
- Was a football quarterback in high school.
- He started as a stand up comedian.
- Auditioned for the Cuba Gooding Jr. role in Jerry Maguire (1996).
- Had the role of Slim in The Wood (1999), but had to drop out when he got the role of Willie Beamen in Any Given Sunday (1999).
- [February 2004] Pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor count of disturbing the peace, involving charges of battery against a New Orleans policeman in a casino in April 2003. He received two years probation and a $1500 fine.
- His piano lessons started at the age of three at his grandmother’s insistence.
- His top five favorite songs are “Do Me, Baby” by Prince, “Sexual Healing” by Marvin Gaye, “Always and Forever” by Heatwave, “It’s All About the Benjamins” by Sean Combs and “Lady” by Lionel Richie.
- Attended United States International University (now known as Alliant International University) from 1986 to 1988 on a music scholarship.
- As a second grader, he was so talented in telling jokes that his teacher used him as a reward. If the class behaved, Foxx would tell them jokes.
- In Ray (2004), he wore prosthetic eyelids which made him virtually blind.
- Is the first person to have been nominated for three acting awards at the Golden Globes in the same year.
- He said that Richard Pryor is his idol in comedy, Denzel Washington is his idol in acting, and that Steve Hardin is his idol in music.
- His three Golden Globe nominations were announced on his 37th birthday.
- Started out as a stand-up comedian, often doing imitations of former president Ronald Reagan.
- On January 25th, 2005, he became one of the elite eleven thespians to have been nominated for both a Supporting and Lead Acting Academy Award in the same year for their achievements in two different movies. The other nine are Fay Bainter, Teresa Wright, Cate Blanchett, Barry Fitzgerald (he has been nominated in both categories for the same role in the same movie), Jessica Lange, Sigourney Weaver, Al Pacino, Emma Thompson, Holly Hunter and Julianne Moore.
- Is only the second male in history to receive two acting Oscar nominations in the same year for two different movies. The first male to do so was Al Pacino.
- First African-American to be nominated for two Oscars in the same year.
- At the 2005 Grammy Awards, he performed “Georgia on my Mind” with Alicia Keys as a tribute to Ray Charles, whom he portrayed in Ray (2004) the previous year and became good friends with him before he passed away.
- Jennifer Beals Height and Weight Stats
- Tori Spelling Height and Weight Stats
- Nicole Richie Height and Weight Stats