Liliane Rudabet Gloria Elsveta Sobieski is an American actress. Leelee’s first major audition was for a role in Interview with a Vampire (1994). At age 11 she co-starred in the TV movie Reunion (1994) and a year later starred in A Horse for Danny (1995). In 1998 Leelee starring opposite Elijah Wood in Deep Impact. The film, which was one of the summer’s biggest hits, garnered Leelee great reviews and brought her to the attention of many casting directors. Next up was Joan of Arc (1999), which she shot in the Czech Republic and for which she received an Emmy nomination. While working on Joan of Arc, she was also shooting a film with Tom Cruise, Eyes Wide Shut. The film, shot under strict secrecy by the notoriously reclusive Stanley Kubrick, had Leelee cast as a teenage nymphet who tempts Cruise’s character. Leelee went on to star with other big names: Drew Barrymore in Never Been Kissed; Diane Lane in House of Glass and Josh Hartnett & Chris Klein in Here on Earth.
Height: 5’10” / 178 cm
Weight: 140 lbs / 63 kg
Shoe size: 9 / 40 (EU)
Dress size: 4 (US)
Bra size: 32C
Measurements: 34-24-34 in / 87-61-87 cm
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Name: Liliane Rudabet Gloria Elsveta Sobieski
Nickname: Leelee Sobieski
Date of Birth: June 10, 1983
Place of Birth: New York City, New York
Place of Residence: New York City, New York
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Education: Trevor Day School, Brown University
- Sean Lennon (2004)
- Frank E. Flowers (2006-07)
- Matthew Davis (2008-09)
- Adam Kimmel (2009-Present) – married
- Daughter, Louisanna Ray, born in December, 2009
- Son Martin, born in August, 2014
Awards and Honors:
- Emmy nomination for the TV movie Joan of Arc
- Golden Globe nominations for Joan of Arc and Uprising
Hobbies and Interests: painting, ceramics, poetry
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Food: Mexican
Favorite Music: Australian band Primitive Whore
Favorite Perfume: Walk on Air by Kate Spade
Favorite Book: Bleak House by Charles Dickens
Favorite Sports: martial arts, and horseback riding
Favorite Movie: Bonnie and Clyde
Favorite TV Show: Friends
- She was spotted by a talent scout and became a candidate for the role of Claudia in Interview with the Vampire although the role went to Kirsten Dunst.
- Her mother, Elizabeth Sobieski (née Salomon), is an American film producer and screenwriter who also works as Sobieski’s manager.
- Her father, Jean Sobieski, is a French painter and former actor.
- She has a younger brother, Robert.
- Sobieski’s first name, “Liliane”, or “Liliana,” was the name of her paternal grandmother. One of her middle names, “Elsveta”, is derived from “Elżbieta”, which is the Polish equivalent of “Elizabeth”.
- Her father is of Polish and Swiss ancestry.
- She is fluent in French.
- She is the youngest actress ever to portray Joan of Arc in a movie and, because of that, the one who is the closest to the real age of the historical figure at the time the story takes place.
- Drew Barrymore Height and Weight Stats
- Zoe Saldana Height and Weight Stats
- Imogen Poots Height and Weight Stats