Lawrence “Larry” Gilliard, Jr. is an American actor who has appeared in films, television series and theatre. He portrayed D’Angelo Barksdale on the HBO drama series The Wire, a role which earned him much critical acclaim. He is also known for his role as Bob Stookey in the AMC horror drama The Walking Dead.
Gilliard was born in New York City. He made his film debut as the lead in the independent film Straight Out of Brooklyn (1991). Gilliard has appeared on numerous television crime dramas such as Law & Order, Homicide: Life on the Street, New York Undercover, andCSI: NY. His notable film roles include: a love-struck ghetto teen in LottoLand (1995), an earnest college football player in The Waterboy(1998), and a member of the Dead Rabbits in Gangs of New York (2002). Gilliard recently had a role on the television series The Beast(2009).
Gilliard is also a stage actor. He received positive reviews for his role of Booth in a production of the Pulitzer Prize-winning play,Topdog/Underdog, as well as winning the “Best Ensemble” award from the NAACP with co-star Harold Perrineau. He joined The Walking Dead television series cast as a regular, playing Bob Stookey.
Name: Lawrence “Larry” Gilliard, Jr
Date of Birth: September 22, 1971
Place of Birth: New York City
Place of Residence: Los Angeles, USA
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Education: American Academy of Dramatic Arts
Height: 5′ 9″/ 176 cm
Weight: 149 lbs/ 68 kilo
Hair Color: Brown/Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Relationships: He is married to Michelle Paress.
Awards and Honors:
- 2013-Festival Prize, Best Lead Actor, Won
Hobbies and Interests: Sport, travels
Favorite Color: Black
Favorite Food: Mexican
Favorite Book: Scary Stories, Stephen King
Favorite Sports: Box
Favorite Movie: The Shining (1980) , Day of the Dead
- He and his family moved to Baltimore, Maryland when he was 7.
- Studied classical music at the Baltimore School for the Arts and the Juilliard School before turning to acting.
- He was a foil to Patrick Swayze. In the A&E series The Beast, Patrick Swayze portrayed a veteran FBI agent that doesn’t play by the rules. Larry played the agent investigating Patrick’s character. It was Patrick’s last role before his death from pancreatic cancer in September 2009.
- He’s married to a The Wire co-star. Larry’s wife is Michelle Paress, who played idealistic Baltimore Sun reporter Alma Gutierrez on Season 5 of the hit HBO show.
- Before he made it as an actor, he worked in office administration. For Larry to make his first-ever movie role work, the low-budget Straight Out of Baltimore, he took unpaid leave from his job as an office assistant at a law firm.
- He went to high school with Tupac and Jada Pinkett. The Baltimore School for the Arts has launched the career of tons of stars, including not only Larry, but Tupac and Jada Pinkett. The three were all born within a few months of each other.
- He can dance salsa.
- Nina Dobrev Height and Weight Stats
- Danielle Campbell Height and Weight Stats
- Jennifer Love-Hewitt Height and Weight Stats