Nina Dobrev is a Bulgarian Canadian actress and model. She was born in Bulgaria, but along with her family, she moved from Bulgaria to Canada at the age of 2. During her acting carrer, she has appeared in a number of films and television series and has impressed everyone with her fabulous performances. She played the role of Mia Jones, the single teenage mother, on Degrassi: The Next Generation, in seasons six to nine (2006–09). She then played the role of Elena Gilbert on The CW’s supernatural drama, The Vampire Diaries, from 2009–15. Some of the movies she has acted in are: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Let’s Be Cops, The Final Girls.
Name: Nikolina Konstantinova Dobreva
Nickname: Nina, Ninche, Ninja, Looch
Date of Birth: January 9, 1989
Place of Birth: Sofia, Bulgaria
Place of Residence: Los Angeles, CA
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Education: Wexford Collegiate School for the Arts
Height: 5’6″ / 168 cm
Weight: 122 lbs / 55 kg
Shoe size: 8 / 38.5 (EU)
Dress size: 2 (US)
Bra size: 30C
Measurements: 33-23-33 in / 84-58.5-84 cm
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Facebook: Nina Dobrev
- Ben Hollingsworth (2006 – 2009)
- Evan Williams (2009 – 2010)
- Ian Somerhalder (2010 – 2013)
- Derek Hough (2013)
- Liam Hemsworth (2014)
- Austin Stowell (2015 – present)
Awards and Honors:
- Teen Choice Award (several times)
- Young Hollywood Awards (several times)
- People’s Choice Award (several times)
- Maxim’s Hot 100
Hobbies and Interests: Yoga, swimming, making jewelry
Favorite Color: Black, Red
Favorite Food: Pizza, Fish
Favorite Music: Hedley, P!nk, Coldplay, Katy Perry
Favorite Perfume: D&G Light Blue
Favorite Movie: The Notebook, Knocked Up, Schindler’s List
Favorite Book: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, Fugitive Pieces by Anne Michaels,
Favorite TV Shows: Gossip Girl, Grey’s Anatomy, True Blood
Favorite Sports: Wakeboarding
- She is fluent both in Bulgarian and English.
- She has competed internationally in rhythmic gymnastic.
- She has 2 pets – 1 dog and 1 cat, named, Miss Linx.
- She stays fit by jogging and doing lots of yoga.
- She is an ardent philanthropist and supports causes like “Free the Children”.
- Her favorite actresses are Meryl Streep and Rachel McAdams.
- She wears glasses.
- She was named after her maternal grandmother Nikolina Constantine.
- Her father is a computer specialist and her mother is an artist.
- She’s a huge fan of the “Harry Potter” series, by J.K. Rowling.