Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, known professionally as Lady Gaga, is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She is known for her self-empowering messages, fashion, and live performances. Gaga initially performed in theater, appearing in high school plays, and studied at CAP21 through New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts before dropping out to pursue a musical career. After leaving a rock band, participating in the Lower East Side’s avant garde performance art circuit, and being dropped from a contract with Def Jam Recordings, Gaga worked as a songwriter for Sony/ATV Music Publishing. There, recording artist Akon noticed her vocal abilities and helped her to sign a joint deal with Interscope Records and his own KonLive Distribution.
Her debut album The Fame was a critical and commercial success that produced global chart-topping singles such as “Just Dance” and “Poker Face”. A follow-up EP, The Fame Monster, was met with a similar reception and released the successful singles “Bad Romance”, “Telephone”, and “Alejandro”. Her second full-length album Born This Way was released in 2011, topping the charts in more than 20 countries, including the United States, where it sold over one million copies in its first week. The album produced the number-one single “Born This Way”. Her third album Artpop, released in 2013, topped the US charts and included the successful single “Applause”. In 2014, Gaga released a collaborative jazz album with Tony Bennett titled Cheek to Cheek, which became her third consecutive number one in the United States. For her work in the television series American Horror Story: Hotel, Gaga won a Golden Globe Award in 2016.
With global album and single sales of 28 million and 140 million respectively, as of April 2015, she is one of the best-selling musicians of all time.
Name: Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta
Nickname: GaGa, Mother Monster, Germ, Loopy, Sucra
Date of Birth: March 28, 1986
Place of Birth: New York City, NY
Place of Residence:New York City, NY
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Education: Convent of the Sacred Heart
Height: 5’1″ / 155 cm
Weight: 117 lbs / 53 kg (see her diet plan here!)
Shoe size: 5.5 / 36 (EU)
Dress size: 6 (US)
Bra size: 34B
Measurements: 36-26-37 in / 91.5-66-94 cm
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Facebook: Lady Gaga
- Lüc Carl (2007-2008)
- Speedy (2009)
- Taylor Kinney (October 2011 – Present)
Awards and Honors:
- Grammy Award (several times)
- Golden Globe Award (several times)
- MTV Music Video Award (several times)
- National Arts Awards’s Young Artist Award
- 12 Guinness World Records
Hobbies and Interests:Bowling, Piano
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Food: Cheeseburger
Favorite Music: Iron Maiden, Britney Spears
Favorite Perfume: Daisy by Mark Jacobs
Favorite Book: Romeo and Juliet
Favorite Sports: Basketball
Favorite Movie: La Haine
Favorite TV Show: Dancing With the Stars
- She says that her parents came from lower class families so her family has worked hard.
- Her younger sister is a fashion student.
- She is a big fan of Britney Spears.
- She knew how to play piano by the age of 4.
- Paris Hilton and her sister Nicky Hilton were Gaga’s classmates, when they studied together in the school – Convent of the Sacred Heart. Hilton sisters briefly attended this school.
- Her stage name, Lady Gaga is a reference to the song Radio Ga-Ga by Queen.
- She has many tattoos. There are 9 tattoos her left side of the body because her father has banned any etchings on the right side.
- She supports the gay community.
- In high school, one of her nicknames was “The Germ”.
- Underwent successful hip surgery on February 20, 2013.
- Made first theatrical debut in Machete Kills.
- Tyra Banks Height and Weight Stats
- Hailee Steinfeld Height and Weight Stats
- Stefanie Scott Height and Weight Stats