Born on December 8, 1953, in Athens, Georgia, Kim Basinger is an Academy Award-winning actress and model.In the mid-1970s, Basinger moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in acting. She landed a number of small parts at first, making guest appearances on such shows as Charlie’s Angels. In 1978, Basinger starred in the TV movie Katie: Portrait of a Centerfold. She portrayed Lorene Rogers in the miniseries From Here to Eternity in 1979 and its short-lived spin-off series the following year.Basinger made her film debut in the 1981 western drama Hard Country with Jan-Michael Vincent. Two years later, her career started to skyrocket withNever Say Never Again starring Sean Connery. Basinger became the latest actress to play a “Bond girl,” a love interest for super spy James Bond. More major film projects soon followed, including 9 1/2 Weeks with Mickey Rourke and Batman with Michael Keaton.
Note: How Celebs Loses Weight So Quickly For New Movie Roles
After her divorce, Basinger took on few acting roles. She reteamed with L.A. Confidential director Curtis Hanson for the rap drama 8 Mile (2002) starring Eminem. Two years later, she co-starred with Jeff Bridges in The Door in the Floor and with Chris Evans and Jason Statham in the thriller Cellular.
Basinger’s later films include Charlie St. Cloud (2010) with Zac Efron andGrudge Match (2013) with Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone. She has also made a return to modeling, signing with IMG Models in 2013.
Height: 5’8″ (173 cm)
Weight: 125 lbs (57 kg)
Shoe size: 8
Dress size: 6
Bra size: 32B
Measurements: 34-24-35 inches (86-61-89 cm)
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Name: Kim Basinger
Date of Birth: December 8, 1953
Place of Birth: Athens, Georgia
Place of Residence: New York, USA
Zodiac Sign: Sagittaurus
Education: Athens High School
- Twitter: kimbasinger
- Facebook: –
- Instagram: –
- Alec Baldwin 1990 – 2002
- Prince 1989
- Jon Peters 1988 – 1989
- Ron Snyder 1979 – 1989
Awards and Honors:
- 1989 Won Bravo Otto Germany Best Actress (Schauspielerin)
- 1987 Won Jupiter Award Best International Actress
- 1992 Won Star on the Walk of Fame Motion Picture
- 1998 Won Oscar Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- 1998 Won Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
- 1998 Won SEFCA Award Best Supporting Actress
- 2010 Won Movies for Grownups Award Best Supporting Actress
Hobbies and Interests: Reading, fashion
Favorite Color: White
Favorite Food: Spaghetti and orange juice
Favorite Actor: Woody Allen
Favorite Actress: Meryl Streep
Favorite Perfume:Fracas , Jil Sander #4
Favorite Book: A Promise to Ourselves
Favorite Sports: Baseball
Favorite Movie: My Fair Lady
- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#40).
- Studied ballet from the age of 3 to mid-teens.
- She describes her father as an introspective, classically trained trumpeter, her mother as a flamboyant, extroverted “Lucy-like” housewife.
- Former high school cheerleader.
- The famous tiger-print swimsuit she wore in Never Say Never Again (1983) was given to her by the Playboy organization in 1981.
- Is agoraphobic. In 1980, she had a panic attack while shopping in a grocery store and subsequently didn’t leave her house for a month.
Received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7021 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on July 8, 1992.
Is a vegetarian.
- Loved the movie My Fair Lady (1964) and the song “Loverly” in it, which prompted her father to encourage her to enter local Junior Miss pageant and sing the song as her “talent”. She didn’t win, but later did succeed in competition to become the “Breck (shampoo) Girl”. This led to career as Ford model, then to acting.
- Attended Athens High School with Keith Strickland of The B-52’s.
- Has two older brothers, Mick and Skip, and two younger sisters, Ashley and Barbara.
- Daughter of Don, a jazz musician, and Ann, a former model and champion swimmer.
- Hilary Duff Post Divorce Weight Loss-Wow
- Zooey Deschanel Height and Weight Stats
- Abbey Clancy Height and Weight Stats