Jennifer Sue Beals was born in Chicago on December 19, 1963. At the age of 16, wanting to earn more money than her previous jobs would pay, Jennifer began modeling and she appeared in local print ads and began working with the famous Chicago photographer Victor Skrebneski. She posed for store catalogs and magazine fashion spreads and during summer breaks, she did modeling stints in New York and Paris for Town and Country, French Vogue and Les Jardin Des Modes. When she was about to start her first year in college, she auditioned for the role of Alex Owens in “Flashdance”. Jennifer was chosen among three finalists that included Demi Moore. In 1995 Alex directed Jennifer on his segment “The Wrong Man” in the film “Four Rooms”. Although Jennifer and Alexandre divorced in 1996, she was again directed by Alexandre in 2002 in the comedy “13 Moons”.In 2003, Jennifer was cast in the role of Bette Porter on the Showtime’s hit drama series “The L Word”.
Height: 5′ 8″ /173 cm
Weight: 123 pounds /56 kg
Shoe size: 9
Dress size: 4
Bra size: 32B
Measurements: 34-23.5-35 inches /86-61-89 cm
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Name: Jennifer Sue Beals
Date of Birth: 19 December 1963
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Place of Residence: New York, USA
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Education: Yale University
- Ken Dixon(1998 – present)
- Alexandre Rockwell(1985 – 1996)
- Rupert Everett(1984)
- Jodie Foster(1983 – 1986)
Awards and Honors:
- 1984 Nominated Golden Globe, Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
- 1984 Won Image Award Outstanding Lead Actress in a Motion Picture
- 1983 Won Bravo Otto Germany Best Actress
- 1998 Won Golden Satellite Award Best Actress in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for Television
- 2005 Won Golden Gate Award
- 2016 Nominated BTVA Anime Dub Movies/Special Voice Acting Award Best Vocal Ensemble in an Anime Feature Film/Special
Hobbies and Interests: Food, books
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Food: Pasta
Favorite Music: The Beatles
Favorite Perfume: Oscar De La Renta,Rock n Roses
Favorite Book: “Leaves of Grass” by Walt Whitman
Favorite Sports: Basketball
Favorite TV Show: “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”
- Turned down the opportunity to play herself in It’s Like, You Know… (1999).
- She put her career on hold to attend Yale University.
Loves salsa dancing, ballet and belly dancing.
Was considered for the role of Catwoman/Selina Kyle in Batman Returns (1992).
Is trained in Kung Fu San-Soo & Kickboxing.
- While at Yale University, she was classmates with David Duchovny, who suggested her for a role on The X Files (1993) (which went to Gillian Anderson).
While still a teenager, before she went into show business, she worked as a babysitter for one of her neighbors – Steve Edwards.
She was the original choice for the lead role in Pretty in Pink (1986), but the role went to Molly Ringwald.
Close friends with Quentin Tarantino.
Good friends with Elizabeth Berkley. They each appeared in a Joe Eszterhas-written film (Berkley: Showgirls (1995); Beals: Flashdance (1983)), and they appeared together inRoger Dodger (2002). and the last season of The L Word (2004).
Stepmother to her husband, Ken Dixon’s, two children.
- In the film The Anniversary Party (2001), Beals plays a character who takes photographs of performers which she then gives away, usually to the subjects of the photos. Beals actually does this.
- Claire Danes Height and Weight Stats
- Madison Lintz Height and Weight Stats
- Naomi Watts Height and Weight Stats