Jeffrey Lynn Goldblum was born on October 22, 1952, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.The statuesque 6’4″ Goldblum performed in stage productions before making his way to film, garnering small parts in 1970s fare like Death Wish (1974),California Split (1974), Nashville (1975) and Annie Hall (1977). He continued his trade in other big-screen projects like Invasion of the Body Snatchers(1978) and Threshold (1981), and on TV vehicles like the movie The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (in which he played Ichabod Crane) and the detective TV series Tenspeed and Brown Shoe, both from 1980.
In 1996, Goldblum was featured as a world-saving computer whiz in the sci-fi/action film Independence Day, co-starring Will Smith and grossing more than $800 million worldwide. During the mid-1990s, Goldblum earned an Academy Award nomination for his work in creating the live action film shortLittle Surprises.Goldblum didn’t continue down the blockbuster path, instead taking on a mix of roles that included indie fare, comedies, voiceover work and thrillers. He co-starred with Susan Sarandon in the critically acclaimed, cynical comedyIgby Goes Down (2002), and portrayed a rival, genteel oceanographer in The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou (2004). Other films on his long roster have included Fay Grim (2007), The Switch (2010) and Morning Glory (2010).
Height: 6 ft 4½ in or 194 cm
Weight: 92 kg or 203 pounds
Shoe size: 11
Dress size: 12
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Name: Jeffrey Lynn Goldblum
Date of Birth: October 22, 1952
Place of Birth: West Homestead, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Place of Residence: Los Angeles, USA
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Education: Neighborhood Playhouse Drama School
- Patricia Gaul (1980-1986)
- Geena Davis (1987-1990)
- Laura Dern (1995-1997)
- Lisa Marie (2002)
- Kristin Davis (2002)
- Catherine Wreford (2005-2006)
- Nicole Richie (2006)
- Tania Raymonde (2009-2010)
- Lydia Hearst (2010-2011)
- Emilie Livingston (2014-Present)
Awards and Honors:
- 2005 Nominated Primetime Emmy Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series
- 1997 Nominated Saturn Award Best Actor
- 1994 Nominated Saturn Award Best Supporting
- 1987 Won Saturn Award Best Actor
- 2014 Won FFCC Award Best Ensemble
- 2014 Won DFCS Award Best Ensemble
- 2015 Won COFCA Award Best Ensemble
- 2015 Won GFCA Award Best Ensemble
- 2016 Won CinemaCon Award Ensemble of the Universe
Hobbies and Interests: Gem, sport
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Gristly fatty meat
Favorite Music: Bones
Favorite Perfume: Lacoste
Favorite Book: The Catcher In The Rye
Favorite Sports: Football
Favorite Movie: The Godfather
- Jeff belonged to the Orthodox synagogue during his childhood and also had a bar mitzvah.
- At 17, he shifted to New York City to pursue his dreams of becoming an actor.
- If he had not become an actor, he would have become a musician.
- He is a professional jazz pianist.
- Jeff Goldblum was a teacher at Playhouse West in North Hollywood along with Robert Carnegie and taught acting.
- He has the ability to wiggle one ear at a time. He showcased this talent in 1993 in an episode of Late Night with Conan O’Brien.
- Jeff was a jury member at the 1999 Cannes Film Festival.
- In September 2006, Goldblum became a founding member of The Fire Dept, a theater company established in New York.
- In 2014, Goldblum and actor Peter Weller established a jazz band “The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra” to perform a weekly show at the Carlyle Hotel in New York.
- In 2016, he was called the World’s youngest 63-year-old by GQ Magazine.
- Jennifer Grey Height and Weight Stats
- Nicki Minaj Height and Weight Stats
- Felicity Huffman Height and Weight Stats