Celine Marie Claudette Dion was born on March 30, 1968, in Charlemagne, Quebec, Canada. The youngest of 14 children of Adhemar and Therese Dion, she grew up in a close-knit musical family. Her parents formed a singing group, Dion’s Family, and they toured Canada when Celine was still an infant. They later opened a piano bar, where the 5-year-old Celine would perform to the delight of customers.By the age of 18, Dion had recorded nine French albums and won numerous Felix and Juno awards. Dion’s real breakthrough into pop music stardom came in 1992, when she recorded the theme to Disney’s hit animated feature Beauty and the Beast, a duet with Peabo Bryson.In August 2014, Dion cancelled all of her shows scheduled through March 22, 2015 to focus on her 72-year-old husband, whose throat cancer returned, and her children. On January 14, 2016, Angélil lost his battle with cancer and passed away at the age of 73 in the family’s Las Vegas home. He left behind Dion and their son Rene-Charles, age 14, and 5-year-old twins Nelson and Eddy, and three adult children.
Height: 5 ft 7½ in /171 cm
Weight: 53 kg /117 pounds
Shoe size: 7
Dress size: 4
Bra size: 32B
Measurements: 34-24-35 in /87-61-89 cm
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Name: Céline Marie Claudette Dion
Date of Birth: March 30, 1968
Place of Birth: Charlemagne, Quebec, Canada
Place of Residence: New York,USA
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Education: Ecole St. Jude
- Rene Angelil (December 1994 – Present)
Awards and Honors:
- 2012 Won Bambi Entertainment
- 2004 Won Star on the Walk of Fame Recording
- 1999 Won Grammy Record of the Year
- 1999 Won Blockbuster Entertainment Award Favorite Song from a Movie
- 1998 Won OFTA Film Award Best Music, Original Song
- 1993 Won Grammy Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal
Hobbies and Interests: Golf, shopping, music
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Music: Queen
Favorite Perfume: Chanel #5
Favorite Sports: Golf
- Singing teacher Linda Lister named Celine as the reigning Queen of Pop for her singing contribution during the 1990s and having a big influence at that time.
- She became more popular after winning 1982 Yamaha World Popular Song Festival held in Tokyo, Japan.
- She knows French and English.
- In high school, she got the title of “Vampire Queen” because of her sharp looking smile.
- She runs a restaurant chain called Nickels, which she first opened in Québec in 1990. But, as of 1997, she is not affiliated to Nickels anymore.
- She recorded a duet with Barbra Streisand named “Tell Him”.
- In 1983, she became the first Canadian artist to win a gold record in France for the single “D’amour ou d’amitié” (“Of Love or of Friendship”).
- Dion enjoys playing golf.
- She also started her own magazine called “Celine Dion Magazine”.
- She has a stepson Patrick Angélil to whom Celine is three months younger.
- Celine Dion was named after the song Céline recorded in 1964 (2 years before her birth) by French singer Hugues Aufray.
- She was born in a poverty-stricken family having 13 older siblings.
- Rose Byrne Height and Weight Stats
- Claire Danes Height and Weight Stats
- Gemma Arterton Height and Weight Stats