Actress and activist Susan Sarandon was born on October 4, 1946, in New York City, New York. Known as an actress and an activist, Sarandon has shared with the world her dramatic talents and personal convictions. She graduated the Catholic University of America in 1968 and not long after made her film debut in Joe (1970). After a few other film roles, Sarandon landed a part in The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975), a campy musical, which has developed quite a cult following over the years. Sarandon earned her first Academy Award nomination for Atlantic City (1980) starring opposite screen legend Burt Lancaster. But her career really seemed to pick up steam later that decade with appearances in The Witches of Eastwick (1987) and Bull Durham (1988).With Geena Davis, Susan Sarandon made one of her most memorable filmsThelma and Louise (1991), which centered on the friendship of two women on a road trip turned wrong. Her portrayal of the tough, protective, and somewhat broken Louise brought her another Academy Award nomination. Sarandon was also nominated for Lorenzo’s Oil (1992) and The Client (1994). She played a nun in the gritty and powerful capital punishment drama Dead Man Walking (1995).
Note: How Hollywood Celebs Lose Weight So Quickly-Click Here!
More recently, Sarandon took to the stage to appear in a revival of Eugene Ionesco’s Exit the King. She played Queen Marguerite to Geoffrey Rush’s King Berenger in the critically acclaimed production. On the big screen, Sarandon took on a supporting role in The Lovely Bones (2009), a film adaptation of the best-selling novel by Alice Sebold, in addition to roles in various films and TV series, including The Big C (2012), Arbitrage (2012) andCloud Atlas (2012).
Height: 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
Weight: 139 pounds or 63 kg
Shoe size: 10
Dress size: 7
Bra size: 34D
Measurements: 38-27-36 in or 96.5-68.5-91.5 cm
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Light Brown
Name: Susan Abigail Tomalin
Date of Birth: October 04, 1946
Place of Birth: Jackson Heights, Queens, New York, US
Place of Residence: New York, USA
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Education: The Catholic University of America
- Twitter: susansarandon
- Facebook: –
- Instagram: –
- John Leone (1961 – 1962)
- Tom Noonan (1963)
- Chris Sarandon (1964 – 1979)
- Louis Malle (1978 – 1980)
- David Bowie (1982)
- Franco Amurri (1983 – 1985)
- Tim Robbins (1987 – 2009)
- Jonathan Bricklin (2010 – Present)
Awards and Honors:
- 2014 Won CinEuphoria Career – Honorary Award
- 2010 Won OFTA Television Award Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture or Miniseries
- 2015 Won Golden Camera Best International Actress
- 2005 Won Hollywood Film Award Supporting Actress of the Year
- 1987 Won ACE Actress in a Dramatic Series
- 1997 Won Blockbuster Entertainment Award Favorite Actress – Drama
- 1996 Won Oscar Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Dead Man Walking (1995)
- 1996 Won Chlotrudis Award Best Actress
- 1995 Won KCFCC Award Best Actress
- 1995 Nominated Oscar Best Actress in a Leading Role The Client (1994)
- 1995 Won BAFTA Film Award Best Actress
- 1993 Nominated Oscar Best Actress in a Leading Role Lorenzo’s Oil (1992)
- 1992 Won ALFS Award Actress of the Year
- 1992 Nominated Oscar Best Actress in a Leading Role Thelma & Louise (1991)
- 1992 Won David Best Foreign Actress (Migliore Attrice Straniera)
- 1982 Nominated Oscar Best Actress in a Leading Role Atlantic City (1980)
Hobbies and Interests: Swimming, reading
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Cold cereal
Favorite Actor: Michael Douglas
Favorite Actress: Sally Field
Favorite Perfume: Chanel 5
Favorite Book: “To Kill a Mockingbird”
Favorite Sports: Basketball
Favorite Movie: Citizen Kane
- In 2011, Susan Sarandon was honored for her Outstanding Contribution to World Cinema at the Shanghai International Film Festival.
- She was appointed as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 1999 and received the Action against Hunger Humanitarian Award in 2006.
- She got Drama Desk nominations twice for her performances in the plays A Coupla White Chicks Sitting Around Talking and Extremities in 1979 and 1982, respectively.
- Susan was inducted in the New Jersey Hall of Fame in 2010 for her contribution forArts and Entertainment.
- She has also been awarded a star in Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- She stated in an interview that if she was not an actress, she would have made a career as an astronaut.
- In 2010, she narrated the two part documentary John Lennon: The New York Years forBBC Radio.
- Susan Sarandon became a grandmother in August 2014 after her daughter Eva gave birth to a baby girl.
- During high school, she was a cheerleader.
- Sarandon was arrested during a protest in March 1999 in New York, for disorderly conduct.
- She was chosen as one of the 50 Most Beautiful Women in the World by People’smagazine (USA).
- Susan got a Lifetime Achievement Award at Stockholm International Film Festival in 2009.
- She is a five-time Emmy Award nominee for her television roles.
- Susan keeps her Oscar in the bathroom.
- Her pet dog Penny has also appeared in the movie Bernard and Doris (2006), playing the pet of the character she played.
- Susan received the Ragusani nel mondo prize in 2006 . She got the honor for her Italian roots in Ragusa, Italy.
- Susan was invited at the 44th International Film Festival of India in 2013 to inaugurate it.
- In 2006, Susan, Tim Robbins and her ten relatives traveled to Wales to trace her family’s Welsh genealogy. Their journey was documented in the BBC Wales program,Coming Home Susan Sarandon and also their research and content was featured in the American genealogy documentary series show Who Do You Think You Are.
- Zooey Deschanel Height and Weight Stats
- Elizabeth Banks Height and Weight Stats
- Michelle Monaghan Height and Weight Stats