Her first big break came in 1996 when she won the recurring role of Lucinda Gonzales in the Swedish soap opera Tre kronor. After spending a year on the series, she decided to go back to school and in 1998, she joined Skara Skolscen, an acting school in Sweden. Still, this was just the beginning for Rapace’s career. In 2009, she was cast as Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish film adaptation of Stieg Larsson’s novel The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Then the film aired with English subtitles in U.S. theaters, it brought in just over $10 million at the box office. Rapace reprised her role for the other two sequels from Larsson’s trilogy, The Girl Who Played With Fire (2009) and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (2009). In 2011, Rapace made her English film debut with her gypsy fortune-teller role in Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, which was released in December 2011. She starred in Prometheus alongside Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, and Patrick Wilson. Her most recent film is Passion (2013) where she stars alongside Rachel McAdams.
Height: 5 feet, 4.25 inches/163 cm
Weight: 117 lbs/ 53 kg
Shoe size: 7
Dress size: 4
Bra size: 34B
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Name: Noomi Rapace
Date of Birth: December 28, 1979 in
Place of Birth: Hudiksvall, Gavleborgs Ian, Sweden
Place of Residence: London, UK
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Education: Stockholm Theatre School
- Ola Rapace(2001-2010)
- Sanny Dahlbeck(2011-2015
Awards and Honors:
- 2012 Won Amanda, Best Actress
- 2011 Won Empire Award, Best Actress
- 2011 Nominated BAFTA Film Award, Best Leading Actress
- 2011 Won EDA Female Focus Award, Best Female Action Star
- 2010 Won Guldbagge, Best Actress
- 2010 Won International Jury Award, Best Actress
- 2010 Won Golden Nymph, Outstanding Actress in a Mini-Series
- 2008 Won Bodil, Best Actress
Hobbies and Interests: Reading
Favorite Color: Black
Favorite Food: Meat
Favorite Music: Amy Winehouse
Favorite Perfume: Calvin Klein
Favorite Book: The Grwat Gatsby
Favorite Sports: Hockey
Favorite Movie: True Romance
- At age 5, she moved to Iceland with her mother and her stepfather.
- Spoke very little English at the time she finished the Lisbeth Salander trilogy.
- During her early teens, Noomi went through a period where she aspired to being a punk rocker in the vein of the late Nancy Spungen, one-time girlfriend of The Sex Pistols’ Sid Vicious.
- In 1996, she made her television debut playing the part of Lucinda Gonzales in the long-running soap series Tre kronor.
- The name Rapace means bird of prey in French and Italian.
- Has a son, Lev, born in 2003.
- She has one sister, Særún Norén, who is a photographer.
- She left home at age 15 to go to Stockholm, Sweden, to start her acting career.
- At age 7, she got a non-speaking role in an Icelandic movie. She then decided to become an actress.
- Alexandra Breckenridge Height and Weight Stats
- Kelly Osbourne Height and Weight Stats
- Alice Eve Height and Weight Stats