Melissa Ann McCarthy is an American actress, comedian, writer, fashion designer, and producer. McCarthy first gained recognition for her role as Sookie St. James on the television series Gilmore Girls. On the ABC sitcom Samantha Who? , she portrayed Dena. McCarthy was then cast as Molly Flynn on the CBS sitcom Mike & Molly, a role that earned her a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series, as well as two award nominations during subsequent seasons. McCarthy has also been nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for her work as host on Saturday Night Live three years consecutively.
McCarthy achieved major success and fame for her breakthrough film role as Megan Price in the 2011 comedy hit Bridesmaids, which garnered her numerous award nominations including an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress, a BAFTA nomination and a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress. In 2013, she co-starred in the comedy films Identity Thief and The Heat. She has also appeared in the films The Nines, The Back-up Plan, Life as We Know It, This Is 40 and The Hangover Part III. In 2014, McCarthy starred in the comedy Tammy and the comedy-drama film St. Vincent. In 2015, she headlined the action comedy Spy, for which she received Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical nomination. In 2016, McCarthy is set to star in comedy films The Boss and Ghostbusters.
McCarthy is the founder of the production company On the Day Productions with her husband Ben Falcone. In 2015, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and released women’s plus size clothing collection, Melissa McCarthy Seven7. Also in 2015, Forbes named McCarthy the third highest-paid actress in the world that year. See her weight loss story here!
Name: Melissa Ann McCarthy
Date of Birth: August 26, 1970
Place of Birth: Plainfield, IL
Place of Residence:Los Angeles, CA
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Education: St. Francis Academy
Height: 5’2″ / 157 cm
Weight: 207 lbs / 94 kg
Shoe size: 9 / 39.5 (EU)
Dress size: 18 (US)
Bra size: 40C
Measurements: 43-38-45 in or 109-96.5-114 cm
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Green
- Ben Falcone (2003-present)
Children: Vivian and Georgette
Awards and Honors:
- 2011 – Primetime Emmy Awards
- 2012 – Oscar Nomination
- 2012 – MTV Movie Awards
- 2013 – Teen Choice Awards
- 2015 – People’s Choice Awards
- 2016 – Golden Globe Nomination
- Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards Nomination (several times)
Hobbies and Interests:Reading, cooking
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Pizza, sushi
Favorite Music: John Mayer
Favorite Perfume: Summer by Burberry
Favorite Book: A Gate at the Stairs
Favorite Sports: Football, Tennis
Favorite Movie: Shawshank Redemption
Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad
- For 2012 Oscars, most of the high level designers turned down Melissa’s offer for making her an Oscar dress.
- In November 2014, it was revealed that she lost considerable amount of weight from 265 pounds to 220 pounds.
- Melissa grew up on a farm in a big Irish family.
- She likes to play tennis.
- McCarthy was the screenwriter, executive producer, and lead actor (played the title role) in the 2014 film Tammy.
- Is good friends with Octavia Spencer.
- Returned to work 3 months after giving birth to her daughter Vivian.
- Jessica Simpson Height and Weight Stats
- Kate Upton Height and Weight Stats
- Miley Cyrus Height and Weight Stats