Actress Anne Hathaway was born on November 12, 1982, in Brooklyn, New York. The daughter of an actress and a lawyer, Hathaway grew up in Millburn, New Jersey. She excelled at performing early on, becoming the first and only teenager accepted to The Barrow Group, a theater company and acting school in New York City.In 1999, Hathaway got her first big break on the television series Get Real, which only lasted one season. She starred as Mia Thermopolis, a smart, klutzy teen who learns she is actually a princess of a small country called Genovia, in The Princess Diaries (2001). Hathaway returned to the role for the 2004 sequel, The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement. That same year, she played the title character in Ella Enchanted, a twist on the Cinderella story.Hathaway’s success on the silver screen continued with The Devil Wears Prada (2006). Hathaway returned to lighter fare with the romantic comedy Bride Wars in 2009, starring opposite Kate Hudson. Hathaway played the White Queen in Tim Burton’s reimagining of the famous children’s tale Alice in Wonderland in 2010. In 2012, Hathaway landed one of her most exciting roles yet: Playing Catwoman in the third film of Christopher Nolan’s Batman series, The Dark Knight Rises. In 2015, Hathaway showed off her comedic skills in The Intern with Robert De Niro. She is set to appear with Johnny Depp with the upcoming Alice Through the Looking Glass.
Height: 5 ft 8 in /173 cm
Weight: 56 kg/123.5 pounds
Shoe size: 8.5
Dress size: 4
Bra size: 32C
Measurements: 34-25-35 in/87-63.5-89 cm
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Name: Anne Jacqueline Hathaway
Nickname: Annie, Ann
Date of Birth: November 12, 1982
Place of Birth: Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA
Place of Residence: New York, USA
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Education: Vassar College, American Academy of Dramatic Arts
- Topher Grace (1999-2001)
- James Holzier (2001-2002)
- Scott Sartiano (2002)
- Hugh Dancy (2002-2004)
- Raffaello Follieri (2004-2008)
- Adam Shulman (2008-Present)
Awards and Honors:
- 2013 Won Oscar, Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
- 2013 Won BAFTA Film Award, Best Supporting Actress
- 2013 Won Golden Globe, Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
- 2013 Won Saturn Award, Best Supporting Actress
- 2012 Won Austin Film Critics Award, Best Supporting Actress
- 2011 Nominated Golden Globe, Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
- 2010 Won Primetime Emmy, Outstanding Voice-Over Performance
- 2008 Won CFCA Award, Best Actress
- 2009 Nominated Oscar, Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
Hobbies and Interests: Music, Watching films and dancing
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Food: Sushi, Miso soup
Favorite Music: Hip-hop
Favorite Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Ralph Fiennes
Favorite Actress: Michelle Pfeiffer
Favorite Perfume: Lancome
Favorite Book: The Secret Garden
Favorite Sports: Baseball
Favorite Movie: Elizabeth, Pretty Woman
- In 2009, Anne appeared in a comedy play by William Shakespeare entitled Twelfth Night as Viola.
- Her older brother Michael is gay.
- She is the first teenager ever to be admitted into The Barrow Group Theater Company’s acting program.
- She suffered from depression, when she was teenager.
- Anne loves her chocolate Labrador named Esmeralda.
- She is one of the People Magazine‘s Most Beautiful People in 2009.
- Named one of People Magazine’s ‘Breakthrough Stars of 2001’.
- Named one of Teen People Magazine’s 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 in its June 2002 issue.
- She was a vegetarian for most of her life, but she has recently ceased this.
- Named one of Teen People Magazine’s 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 in its June 2006 issue for the second time. She was also on the list in 2002.
- Was ranked #85 on FHM’s sexiest women in the world list 2006.
- Good friends with Sienna Miller, Emily Blunt and Heather Matarazzo.
- Suffered from depressions when she was a teenager.
- She and her husband Adam Shulman are expecting 1st child together in the spring 2016.
- Emily Blunt Height and Weight Stats
- Elle Fanning Height and Weight Stats
- Chandler Riggs Height and Weight Stats