Emily Blunt was born in London on February 23, 1983. Interested in acting at a young age, Blunt began appearing on British TV in the early 2000s and made the leap to the big screen soon after in the 2004 film My Summer of Love. A part in the hit film The Devil Wears Prada brought her more early attention, and roles in projects such as Dan in Real Life and Charlie Wilson’s War soon followed. With such diverse films as The Muppets, Edge of Tomorrow, Into the Woods and Sicario also to her credit, Blunt seems ready for whatever may next come her way. She became interested in acting at an early age, and when she was 18 she landed the classic role of Juliet in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet in a production for the UK Chichester Festival. Around that same time, she made her debut on the London stage opposite Dame Judi Dench in The Royal Family. For her work, Blunt was named best newcomer by The Evening Standard. In 2006, Blunt co-starred in the film The Devil Wears Prada, based on the bestselling novel by the same name, and was nominated for a best supporting actress Golden Globe.
Height: 5’7”/ 171 cm
Weight: 115 lbs/ 52 kg
Shoe size: 9
Dress size: 4
Bra size: 32B
Measurements: 34-23-35/ 86-58-89 cm
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Name: Emily Olivia Leah Blunt
Nickname: Emily, Emster, Snath
Date of Birth: February 23, 1983
Place of Birth: London, England, UK
Place of Residence: Vancouver, USA
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Education: Hurtwood House
- Twitter: emilyblunt
- Facebook: EmilyBluntOfficial
- Instagram: _emily_blunt_
- Michael Bublé (2005-2008)
- John Krasinski (2008-Present)
Awards and Honors:
- 2016 Saturn Award, Best Actres, Nominated
- 2016 Empire Award, Best Actress, Nominated
- 2016 GFCA Award, Best Actress, Nominated
- 2016 EDA Female Focus Award, Best Female Action Star, Nominated
- 2015 Golden Globe, Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Nominated
- 2014 Satellite Award Best Ensemble, Motion Picture, Won
- 2013 Golden Globe, Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Nominated
- 2012 Saturn Award, Best Supporting Actress, Won
- 2012 Gotham Independent Film Award, Best Ensemble Performance, Won
- 2010 Golden Globe, Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Nominated
- 2009 Britannia Award, British Artist of the Year, Won
- 2009 British Independent Film Award, Best Actress, Nominated
- 2007 Golden Globe, Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Won
- 2007 BAFTA Film Award, Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Nominated
- 2005 Evening Standard British Film Award, Most Promising Newcomer, Won
Hobbies and Interests: Horseback riding
Favorite Color: White
Favorite Food: Cookies, Chocolate Chip, Pizza
Favorite Music: Ray LaMontagne, Keane
Favorite Actress: Cate Blanchett, Emma Thompson, Meryl Streep
Favorite Perfume: Yves Saint Laurent
Favorite Book: Sister by Rosamund Lupton
Favorite Movie: Jaws
Favorite TV Show: Oprah
- She won Golden Globe Award in 2007 for her acting in BBC’s Gideon’s Daughter.
Bought a $2.2 million new house in Vancouver where she lived with her boyfriend at the time, pop singer Michael Bublé.
Named Best Female Scene-Stealer for her performance in The Devil Wears Prada(2006) by Entertainment Weekly.
Acting and adopting new accents helped her to overcome a debilitating speech impediment at age 12.
- At the 2002 Chichester Festival, Emily earned rave reviews playing Juliet in a production of Romeo and Juliet.
Made her theatrical debut alongside Dame Judi Dench in The Royal Family. She had only six months of formal acting training before gaining the role of Gwen.
Susan Sarandon asked her to audition for the role of Mara in Irresistible (2006) after seeing My Summer of Love (2004).
She is the great-niece of actor and retired Major-General Tony Richardson.
Grew up in Roehampton, London.
- Best friends with actress Anne Hathaway. Emily refers to Anne as “her rock”.
- Had a hamster named Tigger.
- Rachel Sheen Height and Weight Stats
- Kate Upton Height and Weight Stats
- Hailee Steinfeld Height and Weight Stats