Born on February 5, 1964, in New York City, to playwright Romulus Linney and nurse Ann Leggett Perse, Laura Linney grew up on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Her parents divorced when she was only 6 months old.In 1990, Linney landed a job as an understudy in the New York stage production of Six Degrees of Separation. She eventually took over the part, making her off-Broadway and Broadway debuts. Her first film role was as a young teacher in Lorenzo’s Oil (1992).
Laura Linney nabbed her first lead role on television in 1994, earning raves for her performance as the naïve Mary Ann Singleton in the edgy PBS adaptation of Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City. She would reprise the role in the sequel, shown on Showtime in 1998.
See Laura Linney’s Secret Metabolism Boosting Pills Here!
While building her career in Hollywood, Linney continued her impressive work in theater, giving a breakthrough performance in Sight Unseen in 1992, and starring opposite Tony Goldwyn in the Broadway revival of Philip Barry’s Holiday in 1995. She returned to the Great White Way in 1998, co-starring in Honour with Jane Alexander. Linney won her first Emmy Award in 2002, for her performance in another TV movie, Wild Iris. In addition to her television work, Linney appeared on Broadway in Time Stands Still in 2010.
Height: 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
Weight: 125 lbs or 57 kg
Shoe size: 7
Dress size: 6
Bra size: 32C
Measurements: 35-26-34 in or 89-66-87 cm
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Light Blue
Name: Laura Leggett Linney
Date of Birth: February 05, 1964
Place of Birth: New York, USA
Place of Residence:New York, USA
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Education: Juilliard School
- Twitter: lauralinneylove
- Facebook: –
- Instagram: –
- David Adkins (1995 – 2000)
- Eric Stoltz (2000)
- Marc Schauer (2007 – Present)
Awards and Honors:
- 2013 Won Primetime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie
- 2012 Nominated Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical
- 2011 Won Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical
- 2009 Won Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for Television
- 2008 Nominated Oscar Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
- 2005 Nominated Oscar Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
- 2001 Nominated Oscar Best Actress in a Leading Role
Hobbies and Interests: Reading
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Lion Bar
Favorite Music: Madonna
Favorite Actor: Hugh Grant
Favorite Perfume: Mercier Almond Coconut Milk
Favorite Book: Little Women
Favorite Sports: Swimming
Favorite Movie: Truly, Madly, Deeply
- She named her Labrador after the Italian actress Eleonora Duse.
- Linney grew up in a small apartment with her mother.
- Her father is respected Off-Broadway playwright Romulus Linney.
- Has a sister, Susan Linney.
- Graduated from Brown University in 1986.
- 1990 graduate of the Juilliard School.
- Was nominated for Broadway’s 2002 Tony Award as Best Actress (Play) for portraying Elizabeth Proctor in a revival of Arthur Miller’s “The Crucible”.
- Graduated from Northfield Mount Hermon School in 1982. A fellow alumnus, who graduated in 1985, is Kim Raver.
- Her mother is a nurse.
- She says that she was the worst at reading and writing in her class.
- For her role in the movie Kinsey (2004), Laura gained 20 pounds.
- For her acts as Thea Elvsted in the theater drama Hedda Gabler, Linney was honored with the award Joe A. Callaway for Best Performance in a Classic Drama.
- She attended the wedding of Benjamin Walker and Mamie Gummer on July 16, 2011.
- For her role as Cathy Jamison in the series The Big C, Laura received the Golden Globe and the Emmy Award.
- Piper Perabo Height and Weight Stats
- Kelly Clarkson Height and Weight Stats
- Naya Rivera Height and Weight Stats