Cheryl Ann Fernandez-Versini(née Tweedy, formerly Cole) is an English singer, dancer, and television personality who is known by the mononym Cheryl in the context of her recording promotions. Her breakout moment came in 2002 when, at age 19, she auditioned for the United Kingdom talent show Popstars: The Rivals. After weeks of competition, the show’s audience selected her along with four other female contestants: Nadine Coyle, Sarah Harding, Nicola Roberts and Kimberley Walsh. Together, they would form the group Girls Aloud, and Cheryl would spend the next seven years accumulating 20 Top 10 singles, including four songs and two albums that topped the U.K. charts. In 2009, Cheryl and her group mates won a BRIT Award for best single, for their song, “The Promise.” That same year, Girls Aloud announced that they would be taking a one-year hiatus. But after three years, the group had yet to reunite—the blame for which is widely attributed to Cheryl’s successful solo career. She began her solo trajectory in June 2008, when she signed on to be a judge on Simon Cowell’s TV talent show, The X Factor. She also released a single, “Fight for this Love,” which quickly rose to No. 1 on the charts. In December 2009, 5 million viewers tuned in to watch Cheryl’s host a one-hour special, Cheryl Cole’s Night In. In 2011, Cheryl left the UK version of The X Factor to judge the American version. However, she left the show during the auditions stage, fuelling rumours that she had been sacked. Cheryl’s net worth was estimated at £20 million in October 2014.On 10 March 2014, it was announced that she would return as a judge on the UK version of The X Factor for its eleventh series, signing a £1.5 million contract.
Name: Cheryl Ann Fernandez-Versini
Nickname: Chery, Chez, Chezza
Date of Birth: 30 June, 1983
Place of Birth: Newcastle, England
Place of Residence: London, England
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Education: Walker Comprehensive School
Height: 5’3″ / 160 cm
Weight: 112.5 / 51 kg
Shoe size: 5.5 / 36 (EU)
Dress size: 4 (US)
Bra size: 34C
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Measurements: 34-23-33 in / 86-58.5-84 cm
- Ashley Cole (2004 – 2010)
- Derek Hough (2010)
- Taio Cruz (2011)
- Tre Holloway (2012 – 2013)
- Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini (2014, married since July 7, 2014)
Awards and Honors:
- 2007 – Virgin Media Awards
- 2008 – Heat Magazine Awards
- 2009 – Glamour Women of the Year Awards
- 2009 – BBC Switch Live Awards
- 2010 – BT Digital Music Awards
- 2010 – FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World
- 2014 – Nomination for MTV Europe Music Awards
- Maxim’s Hot 100
Hobbies and Interests: Dancing, Movies
Favorite Color: Red, Yellow
Favorite Food: Sunday Roast and Chinese food
Favorite Music: Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Rihanna
Favorite Perfume: Flower Bomb by Viktor & Rolf
Favorite Movie: All Disney movies, Chicago, Rize, Pretty Woman
Favorite Book: The Twits by Roal Dahl
Favorite Sports: Football
- She has 2 pets named Coco and Buster.
- She is a friend of Victoria Beckham.
- Her inspiration as a teenager was Britney Spears.
- She was the first girl to make it into Girls Aloud.
- She has three brothers and a sister.
- Got her first tattoo when she was 16; a tribal pattern on her lower back.
- She is a huge fan of The Black Eyed Peas.
- She is a big fan of R&B, soul and hip-hop music.