Actress and humanitarian Angelina Jolie Voight was born on June 4, 1975, in Los Angeles, California, to actor Jon Voight and actress Marcheline Bertrand. She began acting at a young age, studying at the Lee Strasberg Theater Institute while in her early teens. Jolie later attended New York University. She gave a star-making performance in the 1998 television film Gia based on the short, tragic life of model Gia Marie Carangi. Jolie won a best actress Golden Globe for the role. Another great dramatic role in Girl, Interrupted (1999) brought Jolie her first Academy Award.
In the new millennium she continued to take on a variety of interesting roles, such as an adventurer in the Lara Croft films (2001 and 2003), a FBI profiler in Taking Lives (2004), an assassin in Mr. and Mrs. Smith (2005) and a neglected, troubled socialite wife in The Good Shepherd (2006). Jolie also embraced the word of sci-fi/fantasy with her roles as a squadron commander in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004) and a vengeful, monstrous mother in Beowulf (2007). Jolie went on to earn the lead role in the action-packed Salt (2010). In 2014, the actress enjoyed the rewards of shaping a major blockbuster, both starring in and executive producing Disney’s Maleficent.
Height: 5 ft 6½ in /169 cm
Weight: 54 kg /119 pounds
Shoe size: 9
Dress size: 4
Bra size: 34C
Measurements: 36-23-35 in /91.5-58.5-89 cm
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Gray
Name: Angelina Jolie Voight
Nickname: Angie, Ange, AJ
Date of Birth: June 04, 1975
Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California, USA
Place of Residence: Los Angeles, California, USA
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Education: New York University
- Jonny Lee Miller(1996-1999)
- Billy Bob Thornton. (2000 – May 2003)
- Brad Pitt (2006-now)
Awards and Honors:
- 2015 Nominated Saturn Award, Best Actress
- 2015 Won Cinema for Peace Award, Most Valuable Movie of the Year
- 2015 Won AFI Award, Movie of the Year
- 2013 Won EDA Female Focus Award, Female Icon of the Year
- 2011 Nominated Golden Globe, Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
- 2008 Won AAFCA Award, Best Actress
- 2009 Won Saturn Award, Best Actress
- 2009 Won People’s Choice Award, Favorite Female Action Star
- 2009 Nominated Empire Award, Best Actress
- 2006 Won MTV Movie Award, Best Fight
- 2000 Won Oscar, Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- 2000 Won Critics Choice Award, Best Supporting Actress
- 2000 Won Actor, Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
- 2000 Won Golden Globe, Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
- 1999 Won Golden Globe, Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television
- 1998 Won Golden Globe, Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television
Hobbies and Interests: Collecting first edition books
Favorite Color: Black
Favorite Food: Fast food
Favorite Music: Madonna, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra
Favorite Actor: Slyvester Stellion, Jhonny Depp
Favorite Perfume: Carolina Herrera
Favorite Book: Vlad The Implaler
Favorite Sports: Cricket, Tennis
Favorite Movie: Salt, World War 3 and 100 Days
Favorite TV Show: King Of The Hill, Game Show Network, Animal Planet
- Angelina Jolie has a bulldog named Jacques.
- Her parents split in 1976. So, she was primarily raised by her mom.
- Angelina Jolie dreamt of becoming a Funeral Director from childhood.
- “Jolie” means “Pretty” in French.
- Jolie has undergone double mastectomy to prevent the risks of breast cancer.
- Angelina was voted no.1 in People magazine’s ‘100 Most Beautiful List’ in 2006.
- Has the letter “H” tattooed on the inside of her left wrist, which is a reference to two people she is close to who have this letter in their names: her brother, James Haven, and Timothy Hutton.
- Collects knives and has an interest in mortuary science.
- Named Most Beautiful Woman in People magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in the World (2005).
- Gave her Oscar Statuette, Golden Globes, SAG Awards, and Critic Choice Award to her mother. She felt she didn’t need to hang on to awards.
Ranked #87 in Premiere magazine’s 2002 annual “Power 100” list.
In role as goodwill ambassador, she visited Tham Hin refugee camp in Thailand to check on conditions of 9,000 refugees from bordering Myanmar.
- Gave her mother the nickname “Great Lady”.
- She was voted #2 on VH1’s “100 Hottest Hotties”.
- Her godfather Maximilian Schell always gave her a doll as a birthday present, from her first to sixteenth. Sometimes it was a modern doll, made of plastic, sometimes it was an old and precious one, made of wood or porcelain.
- In 2003, she was the first recipient of the Citizen of the World Award from the UN’s Correspondents’ Association for her work as a goodwill ambassador with the UNHCR.
Ranked #6 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women in the World” (2002).
Voted #1 star most men would like to kiss under the mistletoe in a poll for Sky Movies.
- Is a huge fan of author Ayn Rand.
- Since becoming a Goodwill Ambassador in 2001, she has visited over 20 countries.
- Gave birth to twins (her 5th and 6th child) at age 33, a son, Knox Léon Jolie-Pitt, and a daughter, Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt, on July 12, 2008. Their father is Brad Pitt.
- Lady Gaga Height and Weight Stats
- Katherine Heigl Height and Weight Stats
- Mila Kunis Height and Weight Stats