Actress Marcia Cross was born on March 25, 1962, in Marlborough, Massachusetts. Best known for her role on the hit series Desperate Housewives, Marcia Cross played the uptight, perfectionist homemaker Bree Van de Kamp. Her love of acting developed after she appeared in her first school play. Cross went on to study at the prestigious Juilliard School in New York City.At the start of her professional career, Marcia Cross appeared in stage productions and on several soap operas in the mid-1980s, including The Edge of Night, Another World and One Life to Live. She later moved to Los Angeles and found work on prime-time television and in film. Cross made guest appearances on Cheers, Who’s the Boss and Quantum Leap. She also joined the cast of Knots Landing for the 1991-92 season as Victoria Broyard.
Check Out the Diet Pill Marcia Cross Uses To Stay In Shape, Click Here!
Marcia Cross went on to play a much more realistic doctor on the family drama Everwood in 2003. The following year, she took a lead role in the hit comedy series Desperate Housewives alongside Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman and Eva Longoria.
Height: 173 cm/ 5 ‘ 8 ”
Weight: 60 kg/ 132 lbs
Shoe size: 8
Dress size: 8
Bra size: 34C
Measurements: 34-24-32 in or 87-61-81 cm
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Green
Name: Marcia Anne Cross
Date of Birth: March 25, 1962
Place of Birth: Marlborough, Massachusetts, USA
Place of Residence: Hollywood, USA
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Education: Julliard School
- Twitter: reallymarcia
- Facebook: –
- Instagram: marciacross
- Tom Mahoney (2004 – present)
- Mark Harelik (1999)
- Richard Jordan (1988 – 1993)
Awards and Honors:
- 2007 Nominated Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical
- 2006 Nominated Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical
- 2006 Won Gold Derby TV Award Comedy Lead Actress
- 2006 Won Satellite Award Best Actress in a Series, Comedy or Musical
- 2005 Nominated Golden Satellite Award Best Actress in a Series, Comedy or Musical
- 2005 Nominated Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical
- 2004 Won OFTA Television Award Best Actress in a Comedy Series
Hobbies and Interests: Yoga
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Food: Meat and fish
Favorite Music: Jazz
Favorite Perfume: Chanel
Favorite Book: “All the Way to the Ocean”
Favorite Sports: Golf
- Has played a doctor on Melrose Place (1992), Everwood (2002) and the Seinfeld (1989) episode Seinfeld: The Slicer (1997).
- Longtime companion of Richard Jordan, until his death in 1993; since then, she did not date anyone seriously, until her engagement in 2005.
- Nominated for her first awards in 2004 – Golden Globe, Golden Satelitte Award, TV Guide Award and SAG Award.
- Was the last of the four main actresses of Desperate Housewives (2004) to get married for the first time in real-life.
- She and her future Desperate Housewives (2004) co-star, Brenda Strong, both starred in Everwood (2002). Strong guest-starred in a few episodes while Cross was a steady cast-member from 2003-2004. They never were in the same episodes. They also both guest-starred in different episodes of Ally McBeal (1997).
- Placed 28 on VH1’s list of “The 40 Hottest People Over 40” in 2005.
- Placed 20 on E! Television’s list of “The 50 Most Wicked Women of Primetime” for playing Kimberly Shaw on Melrose Place (1992).
- She and Desperate Housewives (2004) co-star Teri Hatcher both made guest appearances on Seinfeld (1989) as prospective girlfriends of Jerry Seinfeld.
- Practices yoga with Kelly Rutherford and Lisa Rinna.
- Was considered for the role of Madeleine White in Inside Man (2006), but was not able to due to her commitment to the television series Desperate Housewives (2004). Jodie Foster got the role.
- Missed seven episodes of Desperate Housewives (2004), near the end of the 2006-2007 season, due to her maternity leave.
- Was 7 months pregnant with her twins Savannah and Eden when she completed filming the third series of Desperate Housewives (2004).
- Her friend, Dana Delany, was the original choice for the role of Bree Van de Kamp onDesperate Housewives (2004). Delany was later cast as Katherine Mayfair.
- Has suffered from migraine headaches since the age of 14. She is a paid spokesperson for GlaxoSmithKline’s migraine medication. She says she takes the medication when the first signs of the onset of migraine occur. With the medication, the pain is bearable and rarely lasts more than five hours. Without the medication, the pain completely wipes her out for up to a full day.
- Ranked #91 on People magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful People in the World (2006).
- Was named the Most Beautiful Person at the 2005 Emmy Awards.
- Elizabeth Hurley Height and Weight Stats
- Mary-Kate Olsen Height and Weight Stats
- Arianny Celeste Height and Weight Stats