Born in 1970, Rachel Weisz started acting as a drama student in college. Soon after, she transitioned into TV, best known for her role in the BBC series Scarlet and Black. In 1995, she went from the small screen to the silver screen by appearing in the film Chain Reaction. From there, she has appeared in several films, including The Mummy (1999), Stealing Beauty (1996) and The Constant Gardener (2005), for which she received an Academy Award. Since then Weisz has continued working steadily, starring in films such asThe Fountain, The Lovely Bones, The Bourne Legacy, and Oz the Great and Powerful.
In 2009 Weisz returned to the stage for a revival of A Streetcar Named Desire, playing the character Blanche DuBois, which earned her an Olivier Award for Best Actress.
Height: 5 ft 6 in /168 cm
Weight: 125 lbs /57 kg
Shoe size: 9
Dress size: 4
Bra size: 34C
Measurements: 37-24-35 in /94-61-89 cm
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Name: Rachel Hannah Weisz
Date of Birth: March 07, 1970
Place of Birth: London, England, UK
Place of Residence: New York, USA
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Education: Trinity Hall, Cambridge
- Twitter: rachelhweisz
- Facebook: rachel.weisz.07
- Instagram: –
- Ben Miller (1991-1993)
- Dominic Anciano (1993-1996)
- Alessandro Nivola (1997)
- Neil Morrissey (1998-2000)
- Sam Mendes (2000-2001)
- Darren Aronofsky (2001-2010)
- Daniel Craig (2010-Present)
Awards and Honors:
- 2013 Nominated Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama
- 2013 Nominated OFCS Award Best Actress
- 2012 Won NYFCC Award Best Actress
- 2006 Won Oscar Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
- 2006 Won Britannia Award British Artist of the Year
- 2006 Nominated BAFTA Film Award Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
- 2006 Won Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
- 2005 Won British Independent Film Award Best Actress
- 2000 Nominated Saturn Award Best Actress
Hobbies and Interests: Sport, Yoga
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Food: Vegetables
Favorite Music: Beethoven
Favorite Actress: Meryl Streep
Favorite Perfume: Benefit Maybe Baby, Gucci
Favorite Book: American Pastoral By Philip Roth
Favorite Sports: Football
Favorite Movie: Performance
- She pronounces her last name “Vice.”
- Studied English at Trinity Hall, Cambridge University.
- Studying English at Cambridge University, Weisz formed the Talking Tongues theater company and at 1991’s Edinburgh Festival won a student drama award for a play she wrote and acted in.
- She has recently become a patron of The X Appeal, which is the official charity of the Royal College of Radiologists.
- Her father invented respirators that supplied their own oxygen and machines that sense land mines.
- 1998: Named as one of European films’ Shooting Stars by the European Film Promotion Board.
- She was awarded the 1994 London Critics Circle Theatre Award (Drama Theatre) for Most Promising Newcomer for her performance in Design for Living.
- Educated at the prestigious St Paul’s Girls School in London. Was in the same class as actress Emily Mortimer.
- Lived in New York with director Darren Aronofsky (2004).
- Ranked #30 in Stuff magazine’s 102 Sexiest Women in the World (2002).
- Drives an old, black Jaguar 4.2 Sovereign with pepper-pot wheels.
- Is the face of Revlon (2005).
- Announced on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (1992) that she was five months pregnant and engaged to Darren Aronofsky.
- When asked who her idols were, she named Gena Rowlands, Katharine Hepburn, Jack Nicholson, Shirley MacLaine, Ingrid Bergman, Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin.
- Rachel and her fiancé, Darren Aronofsky, became the parents of a son, Henry Chance on May 31, 2006.
- Invited to join AMPAS in 2006.
- Replaced Kate Moss as the new face of the Burberry campaign.
- Was a radical feminist at University.
- Her favorite movie is Nicolas Roeg and Donald Cammell’s psychedelic 1970 masterpiecePerformance (1970).
- Good friends with fellow British actors Jude Law and Susan Lynch, and Ian McKellen.
- Is very good friends with fashion designers Narciso Rodríguez and Donna Karan.
- Was offered a large part in the Richard Gere movie King David (1985) when she was only 14. Her parents wouldn’t let her do it.
- She was offered the role of “Becky” in Clerks II (2006). She couldn’t do it because of scheduling conflicts. The role eventually went to Rosario Dawson.
- Rachel’s paternal grandparents, Yair Weisz (from Pressburg) and Katherine Glickel Sternberg (from Budapest), were both Ashkenazi Jews. Rachel’s maternal grandfather, Alexander Teich, was an Austrian Jew. Rachel’s maternal grandmother had Austrian and Italian ancestry.
- Divides her time between New York and London, where she has a home on the same street as fellow British actor and good friend Jude Law.
- Is semi fluent in German.
- While filming The Mummy (1999) and The Mummy Returns (2001), she formed a strong friendship with fellow co-stars John Hannah and Oded Fehr. They remain good friends.
- Has a younger sister named Minnie Weisz.
- Very good friends with the Fiennes family having worked with both Joseph Fiennes inEnemy at the Gates (2001) and twice with Ralph Fiennes in Sunshine (1999) and The Constant Gardener (2005).
- Beat out Nicole Kidman for the role of Georgie Jutland in Dirt Music (2011).
- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#37). .
- Had a role in the film Smart People (2008), but dropped out before filming began. As a result, Sarah Jessica Parker was given her role.
- Ranked #85 on Askmen.com’s 100 Most Desirable Women in the World (2008).
- Was originally considered for the role of Daisy in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button(2008) but later backed out due to scheduling conflicts. The part was then given to Cate Blanchett.
- Ranked #44 on Glamour Magazine’s Most Glamourous Women in the World list (2009).
- Her parents escaped to England from central Europe before the start of WWII.
- Grew up a tomboy.
- Irina Shayk Height and Weight Stats
- Kristin Davis Height and Weight Stats
- Danneel Ackles Height and Weight Stats