Marion Cotillard is a French actress, singer-songwriter, environmentalist and spokesperson for Greenpeace. She has garnered worldwide acclaim and awards for her performances in films such as A Very Long Engagement, La Vie en Rose, Nine, Inception, Rust and Bone, The Immigrant and Two Days, One Night. In 2015, she stars as Lady Macbeth in Macbeth, a new film adaptation of William Shakespeare’s acclaimed play. In 2007, Cotillard starred as French singer Édith Piaf in La Vie en Rose, for which she received critical acclaim and won several awards, including the Academy Award, BAFTA Award, César Award, and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress. She is the first and (as of 2015) only actor to win an Academy Award for a performance in the French language. In 2010, she received a Golden Globe and a Critics’ Choice Award nomination for her performance in the musical film Nine. In 2012, she received critical acclaim for her performance as an amputee orca trainer in Rust and Bone and received nominations for the Golden Globe Award, BAFTA Award, Critics’ Choice Award, Screen Actors Guild Award and the César Award. She received rave reviews in 2014 for her lead performances in The Immigrant and Two Days, One Night, scoring her second Academy Award nomination for Best Actress for the latter, which was also her second nomination for a French-language film and also the first time an actor was nominated for a Belgian film. Cotillard’s other notable films include Chloé, Furia, Lisa, Pretty Things, Big Fish, Toi et Moi, Dikkenek, A Good Year, Public Enemies, Midnight in Paris, Contagion, The Dark Knight Rises and The Little Prince. In 2014, Cotillard was named “The Most Bankable French Actress of the 21st Century”, her films accumulating more than 37 million ticket sales in France from 2001 to 2014.
Name: Marion Cotillard
Date of Birth: 30 September, 1975
Place of Birth: Paris, France
Place of Residence:Paris, France
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Height: 5’6½” / 169 cm
Weight: 126 lbs / 57 kg
Shoe size: 7 / 37.5 (EU)
Dress size: 4 (US)
Bra size: 32C
Measurements: 35-24-34 in / 89-61-87 cm
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Green
- Julien Rassam (1998-2000)
- Guillaume Canet (2007-Present)
Awards and Honors:
- 2004 – Chopard Trophy
- 2008 – Oscar for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
- 2008 – Golden Globe
- 2008 – BAFTA Film Award
- 2012 – Tribute Award
- 2013 – Globe de Cristal
- César (several times)
- Hollywood Film Award (several times)
- Maxim’s Hot 100
Hobbies and Interests:Composing, songwriting
Favorite Color: Dark
Favorite Food: Dumplings, Grilled Cow Udders
Favorite Music: Shakira, rap
Favorite Perfume: XX and Diamond
Favorite Sports: Basketball
Favorite Movie: The Godfather, Inception and Psycho
- She is a member of Greenpeace.
- She is an avid fan of Canadian singer Hawksley Workman and Radiohead.
- She never had her ears pierced.
- One of 105 people invited to join AMPAS in 2008.
- Was in consideration for the role of Ryan in Gravity, but Sandra Bullock was cast instead.
- Named “Sexiest Woman In The World” by the Hungarian magazine Periodika in 2012.
- Supports amfAR Cinema Against AIDS and attends its gala every year since 2009.
- Brazilian brand Chara Rial named a shoe after her.
- She is the owner of two restaurants in France: Jaja and Glou.
- Learned to speak her Polish dialogue (20 pages) in The Immigrant in only two months.
- Starred in three movies with Élodie Navarre.