Liv Tyler was born in New York City, New York. She is the daughter of Steven Tyler of the band Aerosmith and Bebe Buell, former model (and Playboy Playmate of the Month) and stalwart of the backstage rock scene of the 1970s. Liv grew up thinking that rock star Todd Rundgren was her father. But as she was growing up, Tyler began dropping by to visit, and Liv noticed that his daughter Mia Tyler looked enough like her to be her twin. She confronted her mother, and was told the truth; by the time she was 12, she had taken her father’s name.
At 14, she and her mother left Portland, Maine, for New York, where she got her start as a model. A year was enough of the modeling grind, and she decided to become an actress. She was offered the part of “Callie” in Heavy(1995) after a single reading and, only three weeks later, was cast in Silent Fall (1994);James Mangold, director of Heavy (1995), decided to delay shooting until Liv was available. With seven films in the 1993-96 period, her career took off.
Height: 5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
Weight: 57 kg or 126 pounds
Shoe size: 10
Dress size: 2
Bra size: 34B
Measurements: 36-25-34 in or 91.5-63.5-87 cm
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Name: Liv Rundgren
Nickname: Liver, Livy
Date of Birth: July 01, 1977
Place of Birth: New York City, New York, U.S.
Place of Residence:New York City, New York, U.S.
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Education: Breakwater School and Waynflete School
- Joaquin Phoenix (1995-1998)
- Royston Langdon (1998-2008)
- Steve Bing (2008-2009)
- Charlie Hunnam (2010)
- Vito Schnabel (2010)
- Theo Wenner (2011-2012)
- Orlando Bloom (2013)
- Dave Gardner (2014-Present)
Awards and Honors:
- 1999 Won Golden Aries Best Foreign Actress
- 2001 Won ACCA Best Cast Ensemble
- 2003 Won NBR Award Best Acting by an Ensemble
- 2003 Won Bravo Otto Germany Best Actress (Schauspielerin)
- 2002 2nd place Bravo Otto Germany Best Actress (Schauspielerin)
- 2004 Won Gold Derby Award Ensemble Cast
- 2004 Nominated PFCS Award Best Ensemble Acting
- 2008 Won Scream Award Best Horror Actress
Hobbies and Interests: Music
Favorite Color: White
Favorite Food: Japanese
Favorite Music: Aerosmith
Favorite Perfume: C.O. Bigelow!
Favorite Book: Lolita
Favorite Sports: Basketball
Favorite Movie: The Lord of the Rings
- Liv was born in New York’s Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Liv Tyler was named so by her mother due to a Norwegian actress Liv Ullmann. Ullmann was seen on the TV Guide’s cover on March 5, 1977 issue.
- At 14, Liv got her first modeling job.
- Tyler has a pet dog named Neal.
- Liv is the granddaughter of etiquette books author, Dorothea Johnson.
- She changed her name from Liv Rundgren to Liv Tyler in 1991 (at the age of 14) after knowing the name of her biological father.
- She is dyslexic.
David Beckham is godfather of her son Sailor.
Has appeared in two franchises as the love interest of a main character: Bruce Banner in The Incredible Hulk (2008) and Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. In both series, her on-screen father (Hugo Weaving and William Hurt) disapproved of the relationship. Though Tyler has never played either role since, both of her on-screen fathers did, in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) and Captain America: Civil War (2016). Both of those films also featured Martin Freeman).
Returned to work 3 months after giving birth to her son Sailor to begin filming the 2nd season of The Leftovers (2014).
On 8 January 2016 announced that she and fiancé Dave Gardner are expecting 2nd child together.
Her grandfather, Victor A. Tallarico, passed away on September 14, 2011, he lived to be 95.
- She always carries in purse with her – baby lipstick brush, Givenchy lipstick, powder, and a little concealer.
- Tyler’s first name “Liv” means “life” in Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish language.
- She was earlier a vegetarian.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Height and Weight Stats
- Shannen Doherty Height and Weight Stats
- Khloe Kardashian Height and Weight Stats