Leighton Marissa Meester is an American actress and singer. She was born in Fort Worth, Texas, to Constance (née Haas) and Douglas Meester, and lived most of her life in New York City and Los Angeles. Her ancestry includes German, Dutch, English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh. At the time of her birth, her mother was serving time in a federal prison for her involvement in a drug ring that smuggled marijuana from Jamaica to the USA. She was able to give birth to Leighton in a hospital and nurse her for three months in a halfway house, before returning to prison to complete her sentence, after which Leighton’s grandmother cared for her. She has a brother, Alexander, who is eight years younger. Meester has maintained that her parents gave her a normal upbringing and, despite their criminal past. In 2011, Leighton was involved in a lawsuit with her mother. Her father works for an internet company and her mother is a writer. She is mostly known for her starring role as Blair Waldorf in the teen drama series Gossip Girl (2007–12). She has also appeared in the 2010 country drama film Country Strong, the 2011 thriller The Roommate, the 2011 romantic-comedy Monte Carlo, and the comedies The Oranges and That’s My Boy. Meester made her Broadway debut in 2014 in Of Mice and Men.
In addition to her acting career, Meester has also ventured into music. In 2009, she was featured on Cobra Starship’s “Good Girls Go Bad” and released her first single “Somebody to Love” with Universal Republic. Her second single “Your Love’s a Drug” was released in 2011. Meester also recorded songs for various soundtracks. Her debut album, Heartstrings was independently released in 2014.
Name: Leighton Marissa Meester
Nickname: Bla Bla, Lei Lei, Meest
Date of Birth: April 9, 1986
Place of Birth: Fort Worth, TX
Place of Residence:Los Angeles, CA
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Education: Beverly Hills High School
Height: 5’5″ / 165 cm
Weight: 117 lbs / 53 kg
Shoe size: 7 / 37.5 (EU)
Dress size: 2 (US)
Bra size: 32B
Measurements: 34-24-34 in / 86-61-86 cm
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Sebastian Stan (2008-2010)
- Garrett Hedlund (2011)
- Aaron Himelstein (2011-2012)
- Adam Brody (2013-Present, married since February 2014)
Children: Arlo Day
Awards and Honors:
- 2010 – Hollywood Film Awards
- Teen Choice Award (several times)
- Golden Raspberry Awards Nomination (several times)
Hobbies and Interests:Writing, working out, singing
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Chocolate
Favorite Music: Adele
Favorite Perfume: Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb, Chanel No 5
Favorite Book: Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
Favorite Sports: Football, Basketball
Favorite Movie: The Oranges
Favorite TV Show: Bones
- Her last name is Meester, which is a Dutch word for “Master” or “Teacher”.
- At the time of Leighton’s birth, her mother was in federal prison regarding smuggling of marijuana drug from Jamaica to USA.
- She grew up in Marco Island in Florida.
- Her mother is of Spanish descent.
- She enjoys creative writing.
- She has a dachshund puppy.
- She enjoys singing and even sang in the movie Drive Thru.
- She speaks fluent French.
- Her best friend is actress Emmy Rossum.
- Has an older brother named Logan.