Katherine Evelyn Anita “Katie” Cassidy is an American actress who stars as Laurel Lance on The CW’s series Arrow. She has also appeared on the CW shows Supernatural, Melrose Place, and Gossip Girl; on the CBS miniseries Harper’s Island; and in the films Click, Taken, Monte Carlo, and The Scribbler. Cassidy has gained a reputation as a “scream queen” due to her numerous roles in horror films (most of which are remakes of classics of the genre) which include her feature film debut When a Stranger Calls, The Lost, Black Christmas, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. She was born in Los Angeles, the daughter of actor David Cassidy and Sherry Benedon. Cassidy’s paternal grandparents were actors Jack Cassidy and Evelyn Ward, and she is the niece of teen idol and television producer Shaun Cassidy and actor Patrick Cassidy. Cassidy also has two younger cousins that live in Australia named Samantha Cassidy and Jasmine Cassidy. Cassidy has a younger half-brother named Beau, born in 1991, from her father’s third marriage to Sue Shifrin. In her youth, Cassidy was a cheerleader for the California Flyers, a competitive team. Cassidy is a spokesperson for the charity H.E.L.P. Malawi.
Name: Katherine Evelyn Anita Cassidy
Nickname: Katie, Bug
Date of Birth: November 25, 1986
Place of Birth: Los Angeles, CA
Place of Residence: Los Angeles, CA
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Education: Calabasas High School
Height: 5’6½” / 169 cm
Weight: 119 lbs / 54 kg
Shoe size: 8.5 / 39 (EU)
Dress size: 4 (US)
Bra size: 32B
Measurements: 34-24-34 in / 87-61-87 cm
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
- Greg Raposo (2002-2003)
- Jesse McCartney (2005-2007)
- Sasha Vujacic (2009)
- Jarret Stoll (2010-2012)
- Jerry Ferrara (2012)
- Jason Garrison (2012-2014)
Awards and Honors:
- 2010 – Fright Meter Award Nomination
- 2015 – Prism Award
- Teen Choice Award Nomination (several times)
Hobbies and Interests: Gymnastics, Music, Dancing
Favorite Color: Blue, Black
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Music: Christina Aguilera
Favorite Sports: Football
Favorite Movie: Titanic
- Started off her career modeling with Abercrombie and Fitch.
- Did a cover of her father’s song, “I Think I Love You”.
- Due to her recurring roles in horror films she is regarded as a modern day “scream queen”.
- Has 2 older sisters, Jenna & Jaime.
- Her father has German, Irish, English, and Swiss-German ancestry. Her mother, whose family is from Illinois, is of German, English, and Irish descent
- She is a skilled guitarist and pianist.
- She was a cheerleader in high school.
- She is named after Katharine Hepburn.
- She is a mad Seattle Seahawks supporter.
- She is the founder of the website tomboykc.com.